Coconuts to Loose Weight

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
The feature article in a health newsletter that I received this week is "Go Global: 15 Natural Remedies From Around the World".

#1 - In Siri Lanka: Coconuts Battle The Bulge

"The average Sri Lankan eats 116 coconuts every year -- yet folks living in this tropical paradise are just half as likely as Americans to get pudgy. The reason: Coconut oil is packed with medium-chain fatty acids (MCFAs) that prod the liver to burn body fat 50 percent faster than normal. When women eat two tablespoons of coconut oil, six ounces of fresh coconut meat or 10 ounces of coconut milk daily, they can effortlessly shed up to three pounds every month, says Mary Enig, Ph.D., author of Eat Fat, Lose Fat.

[h=2][/h]

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
I would love this to be true, but when I eat lots of cocnut I seem to lose all the weight down the toilet pan, 15 times a day.

Dominicaus

Oct 4, 2006
I would love this to be true, but when I eat lots of cocnut I seem to lose all the weight down the toilet pan, 15 times a day.
Coconut milk is known to have a mild laxative effect after certain amount (which depends o the person).

It is one of the reasons why tourists to tropical destinations "get sick"...coconut milk is an ingredient of the highly popular pina colada and other similar drinks...once a person has drank several in a row the mild laxative effect becomes noticed...of course they then go one to blame the food or the water...It is in fact the coconut-milk in their cocktails!..and it is all natural!

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Gonna give it a try. I am on a raspberry keton diet but anything liquid that can add to the burning of fat has a go for me.

But I should refrain from baking cakes and muffins...

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002

The article doesn't say eat "lots of coconut". It says 6 ozs of meat or 10 ozs of milk. Is your "lots of coconut more or less than that?

I don't know if it works. Check out Google for eating coconuts to lose weight. Lots of hits, both pro and con.

Last edited:

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Coconut milk is known to have a mild laxative effect after certain amount (which depends o the person).

It is one of the reasons why tourists to tropical destinations "get sick"...coconut milk is an ingredient of the highly popular pina colada and other similar drinks...once a person has drank several in a row the mild laxative effect becomes noticed...of course they then go one to blame the food or the water...It is in fact the coconut-milk in their cocktails!..and it is all natural!

So, if I drink loads of pina coladas I will lose weight??? Jiehaaaaaaaa....

Another coconut diet. Stand underneath tree and wait till coconut drops on your head. You will be in a coma for a couple of weeks, and wake up happily with the new, lighter you.

JUST JOKING....

BelgianK

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
(...) yet folks living in this tropical paradise are just half as likely as Americans to get pudgy.

hmm, could it be that sri lankanians (btw, wtf are they called?) simply eat less than americans, eh?
:p

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
exactly. i hate those comparisons "ethiopians are more likely to be thin than americans". no, really? who'd have thought.
americans have easy access to processed food and they can afford to eat more than someone in addis ababa....

Deyvi

*** I love DR1 ***
Dec 23, 2009

I know of two Russians that call ahead to my Boca Chica connection to have 7 cocos each in the refer for their arrival. They have told me after drinking the water from them, they return to their room for the clean. Feel much better.
I've been told this also by Puerto Rican people.
A couple times, after heavy drinking, my mother in law brings me a glass full and says it will clean my system.
I can testify that it seems true. Make sure you are close to a decent "can" about 20-30 mins. after you drink it.
Also, refer to Hillbilly's post about the health attibutes of Coconut Oil. If you research coconut and health--it will inspire you to either take caps or use the oil for cooking. I use the option for cooking. Don't need much to get the benefits and a BIG coconut taste.

Deyvi

*** I love DR1 ***
Dec 23, 2009

I was told the "cleanout" ordeal is a "Gringo Thing". Probably because of so much of what many of eat is Crap!!
At least it should be considered a good natural cleanse.
Hillbilly's sharing can be found at CBN.com---Search for Coconut OIL. It is a scientific and very interesting must!!

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Losing weight is an easy thing. There are 4 options:

1. Eat less but eat what you want(w/in reason).
2. Eat more foods low in carbs and fat.
3. Exercise.
4. A combination of the above.

At least from what I've seen among family members from 40 to 70 is that they have difficulty eating less or giving up certain foods. Most like to feel ready to pop after eating.

For those who are willing to give it a real go all one has to do is watch one 's calories and eat three squares a day, preferably the biggest meal at lunch. The weight will come off whether you want it to or not.

Personally, I love my daily bread, beer and a little soda. However, I only eat little of the latter and very little meat but rather prefer vegetables of any kind, especially eggplant and salads. I do exercise 3 to 4 days a week.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
1. Eat less but eat what you want(w/in reason).
2. Eat more foods low in carbs and fat.
3. Exercise.
4. A combination of the above.

i tell you. it is not that easy ;)

2rf8t5f.jpg

pdmlynek

Sep 27, 2012
hmm, could it be that sri lankanians (btw, wtf are they called?) simply eat less than americans, eh?
:p

Yeah, I think that is the case. Or it can also be that they are more active than Americans, or Poles, or whatever.