Wakeboarding in Santo Domingo flooded streets

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Slightly different view from Santo Domingo streets than Pichardo's pictures

O6 RD / Red Bull Street Wakeboarding - YouTube

Thou I have seen other vids like this about flooding in the D.R., it shows a few things; Flooding happens. Some people can have some fun and some people don't think it is fun. In the Capital of Santo Domingo (and everywhere else) we need more malls and rail lines for the people to go to while streets and homes are knee deep or more in rain water ... but none in the domestic water system.

Thanks for sharing.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
With all due respect flooding is common in many areas that have old infrastructure such as the States.

Also, what people do with their private money has nothing to do with what the politicians do with ours. However, what is certain is that if this country doesn't grow in the private sector then there will be similar growth in the public sector.

Sep 4, 2012
With all due respect flooding is common in many areas that have old infrastructure such as the States.

Also, what people do with their private money has nothing to do with what the politicians do with ours. However, what is certain is that if this country doesn't grow in the private sector then there will be similar growth in the public sector.

And here we go...popcorn is out for the reply on this one.....:bandit:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Find A "CHIP" and he goes Round,Round,Round, as he "SPINS" along to his "Slap Happy" sound!!!
1950's Perry Como hit, with a "Dominican Re-Do".
No electricity, no water, But lots of Cholera AND "Dengue"!
The DR DOES excell in SOME areas!
Right Chip!
I'll save you a post!
They have "Dengue" and Cholera in the USA, BUT the Cholera and Dengue in the DR is "Mucho Mejor!"
"Compi"!
I'm leaving on Jetblue at 4 am, for BOSTON!
A "Buying Trip".
TVs, "Tablets", toys, clothes, CVS Pharmacy "STUFF"!
Wamart, Target, Costco, Sam's Club", "IMAX" theaters,Voting for "Scott Brown",VA Health Care, GREAT "Sea Food",Great FOOD, CLEAN , Garbage Free Streets,Fire and Police Protection, but no sex with beautiful, sexy, 18 year old's!!!
Actually I tried it once there, but it made my eyes burn, must have been the "MACE" :cry::knockedou!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So I'll have to save $10 for when I get back!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
ha ha ha
chip needs to read some of the comment under this video. by REAL dominicans. you know, something he never will be...

young seniors

Bronze
Feb 1, 2012
"Find A "CHIP" and he goes Round,Round,Round, as he "SPINS" along to his "Slap Happy" sound!!!
1950's Perry Como hit, with a "Dominican Re-Do".
No electricity, no water, But lots of Cholera AND "Dengue"!
The DR DOES excell in SOME areas!
Right Chip!
I'll save you a post!
They have "Dengue" and Cholera in the USA, BUT the Cholera and Dengue in the DR is "Mucho Mejor!"
"Compi"!
I'm leaving on Jetblue at 4 am, for BOSTON!
A "Buying Trip".
TVs, "Tablets", toys, clothes, CVS Pharmacy "STUFF"!
Wamart, Target, Costco, Sam's Club", "IMAX" theaters,Voting for "Scott Brown",VA Health Care, GREAT "Sea Food",Great FOOD, CLEAN , Garbage Free Streets,Fire and Police Protection, but no sex with beautiful, sexy, 18 year old's!!!
Actually I tried it once there, but it made my eyes burn, must have been the "MACE" :cry::knockedou!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So I'll have to save $10 for when I get back!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Stay safe CC......praying monster storm somehow fizzels:( out!!!!!!

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
ha ha ha
chip needs to read some of the comment under this video. by REAL dominicans. you know, something he never will be...

I think my friend Chip is as Dominican as perico ripiao, la linea, y las ?guilas Cibae?as.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
ha ha ha

Thanks for pointing out about reading the comments dv8. Some interesting views by Dominicans that appear to be a little fed up with the floodings, trash that no one picks up that contributes to the flooding and some asking "why don't the people that live in the area group together and clean it up?"

CCCCCCCCCCCC.... I hope that Sandy does not get in your way or is it the other way around? Watchout for flooding. Have a few dozen oysters and clams on the halfshell for me; steamed muscles.... Maine lobster. Room in your luggage for me?

Lic. plate on the tow car is Dominican.

All the pot holes in Sosua are back after the summer repair with only a few inches of rain. One manhole cover in the middle of a street has been missing for 4 years.... BUT.... The large drainage project goes slowly but new grass sod and some trees are planted so we have about 200 feet of something that is impressive and looks really good until you LOOK and see that this large culvert does not have an outlet to drain/move the water anywhere.

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005

Chip, as an engineer you know that when malls and appartment building go up the city and developer needs to weight the infrastructure strain. Permits and studies are usually the norm. But in the DR they shoot 1st and ask later. Now that the concrete jungles are expanding at record pace it is only a matter of time before water and sewerage problems follow. URBAN planning Chip. Time to plan ahead. Not live for today! And on a side note swapping green space for malls tends to cause flooding.

Sep 4, 2012
Chip, as an engineer you know that when malls and appartment building go up the city and developer needs to weight the infrastructure strain. Permits and studies are usually the norm. But in the DR they shoot 1st and ask later. Now that the concrete jungles are expanding at record pace it is only a matter of time before water and sewerage problems follow. URBAN planning Chip. Time to plan ahead. Not live for today! And on a side note swapping green space for malls tends to cause flooding.

So true, urban planning here seems to be an urban legend.....:dead:

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
For all those who think flooding only happens in the DR, check out the news of flooding in New Jersey.

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
For all those who think flooding only happens in the DR, check out the news of flooding in New Jersey.

Yes Chip, you are correct but with proper planning and upgrades the flood waters will soon be gone while wakeboarding is still going on in La Capital. I was waiting for this from you.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Yes Chip, you are correct but with proper planning and upgrades the flood waters will soon be gone while wakeboarding is still going on in La Capital. I was waiting for this from you.

This is not necessarily true. Then again I'm a professional drainage engineer and have been working in this field for almost 20 years and have plenty of examples of persistent flooding even after the storm even passed.