What Is The Story On Harrisons Jewelry In Sosua?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I just got back a couple of days ago from a month in the US and discovered today that while I was gone Harrisons apparently moved out and a bar is going to take its place. Which is just what Sosua needs, another bar.

It appears that somebody is spending a lot of money to remodel the space. Exterior walls have been removed on 2 sides.

It is getting to the point where it will be big news if somebody opens something that is not a bar or restaurant.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I am told it is the new Montreal Hell's Angel's North Coast "hangout"...I kid you not.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
No idea, but the desgin reminds me a lot of the motorcycle rental place a bit further down the street, which closed down all of a sudden a couple of months ago.

BelgianK

Anjinsen

Banned
Jul 24, 2011
I heard it was the same place but have no actual facts, apart from the same bar stools were in there at one time

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
Hope you're wrong!!!

I agree. The last thing Sosua needs is a bunch of dirty bearded anti social thugs, that think people are afraid of them. They ride around on extremely loud bikes, screaming for attention with those ridiculous leather vests. Any place they patronize will loose regular customers.They clearly have limited resource (money) so the establishment won't last long, thank goodness.
I just hope those trolls don't come south.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2007
Am I wrong? I thought there was a thread a while back regarding the owner's previous place closing. (The place on Rocky's Road, opposite side, with the same decor....if that is what you call it.) The gist of the thread was that the owner had big bucks and had plans to do something else.

Is this the something else?

Lindsey

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
This is far from the truth.

Wrong !! They have nothing but a used motorcycle and some loose change. When they visit the island they stay in the most modest and run down hotels and eat in the least expensive restaurants. They reside in rundown digs and they think there is some cool mystic about the "Hells Angles" . MONEY !! PLEASE. These idiots need 10 of them to come up with 100 dollars

JohnnyBoy

Bronze
Jun 17, 2012
Wrong !! They have nothing but a used motorcycle and some loose change. When they visit the island they stay in the most modest and run down hotels and eat in the least expensive restaurants. They reside in rundown digs and they think there is some cool mystic about the "Hells Angles" . MONEY !! PLEASE. These idiots need 10 of them to come up with 100 dollars

The HA in POP has money. They are well funded. If I were u I would keep my opinions about those gents to myself.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
The HA in POP has money. They are well funded. If I were u I would keep my opinions about those gents to myself.
Well funded. I disagree.
I appreciate you suggesting that I keep my opinion to myself. However they are not gentleman, they do and bring absolutely nothing good to any community they reside or visit and I am in no way intimidated or fearful of any of the them. They insist on acting and dressing like clowns and to say they are unemployable is an understatement

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Right. Another bar for gold diggers and chica hunting tourist owned by Hells Angles. JUST what Sosua needs.

I'm about to buy the cheapest... nastiest and run down place in Sosua and sell beer at half... no 1/4 of the cost of the beer. I'll screen for only the best puta's and promise double the price.

I'll bankrupt EVERY BAR IN SOSUA OUT OF BUSNESS and buy the bankrupt/closed down bars one by one.

With the tourist, or lack of, climate it should take ............... six months.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
Right. Another bar for gold diggers and chica hunting tourist owned by Hells Angles. JUST what Sosua needs.

I'm about to buy the cheapest... nastiest and run down place in Sosua and sell beer at half... no 1/4 of the cost of the beer. I'll screen for only the best puta's and promise double the price.

I'll bankrupt EVERY BAR IN SOSUA OUT OF BUSNESS and buy the bankrupt/closed down bars one by one.

With the tourist, or lack of, climate it should take ............... six months.

Well Ringo good luck in your business venture, and if you do do it, I will be there helping you close out every bar in Sosua by drinking your cheap beer.....:knockedou

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Well Ringo good luck in your business venture, and if you do do it, I will be there helping you close out every bar in Sosua by drinking your cheap beer.....:knockedou

And so many want to know how to invest and make money. I have my first customer and it's only been 5 minutes without the real estate or bar.

hammerdown... not cheap bear but good beer at discounted prices. YOU get the first case of beer on me. (don't you dare ask about the price of the ... entertainment.)

If you do the math and think about this... it works.

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
Hell's Angels / German cults . NICE ' ssssssssss. Whats next Black scorpion adoption agencies ??????

JohnnyBoy

Bronze
Jun 17, 2012
The HA has been in POP for a while. I actually sold my house to a member of that organization in 2008. Its best to be polite and keep a distance. I say this from experience. Generally people who have trouble with those guys ask for it.