best furniture / electrodomestico store selections in puerto plata?

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
the only furniture store we've really found is hidelisa so far, can anyone recommend other big furniture or electrodomestico stores in puerto plata to check out?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
IKEA online and have it delivered from Santiago/Santo Domingo. This is becoming very popular in the DR.

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
I second Ikea. They deliver. If you want modern furniture they are the only reasonable game around.
There's another modern furniture store in Santo Domingo, can't remember their name but the prices
were ridiculous and the stuff wasn't even loveable. It seemed more like 70's modern. Ochoa has nice
stuff, rattan upscale, expensive. The other furniture stores all seems to have the same wood, regal furniture.
Seen one seen them all. Another route is carpenters by recommendation who can build to scale.
What exactly are you looking for?

jojo2130

May 30, 2005
We enjoy GONZALEZ. Really nice stuff, Decent prices and Talk to LAURA there, she speaks excellent English. They are right across from the Central Park. on the Corner of Bellon , They deliver to me here in GH, I Bought 2 Houses full from them and Continue to do business after 7 years. Excellent excellent service. Great attitude. and 3 Floors of Goods as well as another seperate warehouse type showroom. NOT the typical Pine furniture .

Stay away from INOA And REYS in Sabaneta, No Service , empty promises and no conscience. Made the mistake of buting a stove from them and when the glass "exploded" all I got was a run around to the point that I paid a local guy to replace it.

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
Ikea's delivery to the North Coast is free if you spend $15000rd which is also their mininum order for delivery.
La Sirena has electrodomestics. I recommend Franky in the TV section if you are looking for a TV. Knows his
stuff, friendly and professional.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
what is it you are after? modern furniture? then only ikea and you'd have to go to SD to really see the stuff as they often have stock issues: they may not have a piece in a particular fabric or colour, for instance. the staff there is super helpful, i was very impressed. a girl who served us did not want to speak any english but she understood everything i said and helped with vocabulary (i spoke to her in spanish but talked with miesposo in english, like we always do).

for electrodomesticos there is a big choice: gonzales, corripio, la sirena, L&R comercial, francis muebles. all places will offer a discount when paying in cash. but i do not need to remind you that, i think, you are dominican and know that :)

if you want wood some furniture is best made by hand by ebanista: beds, tables, libreros and so on. you will get exactly what you want in the exact wood you want. cheap too.