Internet provider

Rep Dom

Bronze
Dec 27, 2011
To your opinion, whats the best, reliable internet provider, in terms of quality / price?
:)

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
Do please arrange to try it out first. There are many black spots, worse with some suppliers than others.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Depends where you are. I was Delancer's internet launch customer five years ago when I lived in Perla Marina, Sosua.

I now live a little bit towards Cabarete and they moved my service for me. I pay US$95 a month for 3mbs and I get a Florida IP address.

Their customer service is superb. Their technical backup is excellent and their internet speeds are what you pay for. I can stream Netflix in HD, browse the net and listen to HQ radio streams at the same time.

In the five years I have been with them, there has never been an entire day without service, even after someone drove a truck into a telegraph pole on the Sosua highway.

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
Depends where you are. I was Delancer's internet launch customer five years ago when I lived in Perla Marina, Sosua.

I now live a little bit towards Cabarete and they moved my service for me. I pay US$95 a month for 3mbs and I get a Florida IP address.

Their customer service is superb. Their technical backup is excellent and their internet speeds are what you pay for. I can stream Netflix in HD, browse the net and listen to HQ radio streams at the same time.

In the five years I have been with them, there has never been an entire day without service, even after someone drove a truck into a telegraph pole on the Sosua highway.

I use this same service in Cabarete, have 2 connections, the 6mb and the 10mb, I think it is 5200 and 7500 RD monthly respectively. Had the service for 2 months now and I have never missed a day of internet. I spoke to the guy at the office and he said this same connection is available on the entire island, I just need to find out the provider in the central so I can get the same connection at my office in La Vega. The connection is comcast from Miami, it is epic.

Feb 7, 2007
Tricom and Claro are on par, when they work. When they don't work they are both PITA. Because there are many more Claro technicians then there are Tricom's ones, you can more easily form a "partnership" (where a handout gets you results).