Club X Reopening In Sosua

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
From today's Sosua News:

[h=2]Disco Club X reopens with Wilman Pe?a[/h] [h=5][/h] [h=5][/h]
[h=5]Saturday evening 3 November, the famous disco X Club (opposite the Merenguebar) reopens. During the opening night, the on the north coast famous merengue band Wilman Pe?a, will give this festivity extra flair. The X Club nightclub is known as a meeting place for the locals and especially in the weekends it was in the past often very busy with local youth. The music consisted mainly of reggaeton, and also of bachata, merengue and salsa. Hopefully the disco doesn't play the recently very popular hip hop (gangster) rap music: many monotonous banging and yelling, little melody!
Anyway, the opening night will be successful with Wilman Pe?a and his band playing beautiful merengue and bachata! Entrance is free for the ladies. The men will have to pay a 200 peso entrance fee. On subsequent days, the entrance will be free for everybody. The drinks will not be expensive, so assured us a spokesman for the organization.[/h]

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
one can only hope for the best for PC and another direction to watch out now for flying bullets :ermm:

Wuwu

Oct 3, 2012
Equating all of hip hop music to gangsta rap is extremely ignorant. There are very intelligent and thought provoking hip hop artists across the world. They don't deserve to be branded with the same tag as the fake, studio gangstas who pander to the lowest common denominator in society with their music.

Wishing good luck for the new club opening. Having variety and options is a good thing.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
ever heard of that saying "you are what you attract" ? look at the other discos, they attract certain crowds by the music they play. personally i come to the DR to hear bachata, reggaeton, merengue and salsa. i don't come to the DR to hear "strip club music"........

Big Dan

Feb 14, 2009
There are very intelligent and thought provoking hip hop artists across the world.

Hahahahahah! Name three, citing their degrees and the lyrics of their most popular songs. :p

Combo

Mar 29, 2011
There are very intelligent and thought provoking hip hop artists across the world.

Hahahahahah! Name three, citing their degrees and the lyrics of their most popular songs. :p

Good post. I've so often heard people make this claim, but never heard or seen it backed up. I'm sure one can find a few of
them with clean, intelligent lyrics, but they are a tiny minority of the hip hop music out there.

I actually like a lot of Hip Hop Music, but I like it for the rhythmic quality, not the lyrics. Same with Rock, Bachata, Salsa,
et al. Nice lyrics are cool but the Music is what matters.

Big Dan

Feb 14, 2009
I love hip hop... Only tune that makes me move....

If you can't dance gangnam style you aren't with the times...hip hop is old school. If this doesn't make you move you're dead.

[video=youtube;rX372ZwXOEM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX372ZwXOEM[/video]

Big Dan

Feb 14, 2009
never mind.

Why take the high road? I never implied music was about intelligence!

Deaf Beethoven laughs at us examining every deaf note he wrote. Mozart was likely an opium user just as modern day hip hop thugs smoke their weed and snort their coke...

I know you like the gangnam style...

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012

KRS-One teaches courses at Harvard University on Hip Hop, just thought that was cool, I would venture to say the amount of college educated "hip hop artists" is the same as any other musicians from other music genres.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
we went from club X reopening to college degrees to KRS-One. i bet KRS-One will never get invited to club X.

corsair74

Bronze
Jul 3, 2006
Why take the high road? I never implied music was about intelligence!

Deaf Beethoven laughs at us examining every deaf note he wrote. Mozart was likely an opium user just as modern day hip hop thugs smoke their weed and snort their coke...

I know you like the gangnam style...

I love Gangam Style!

ohmmmm

Bronze
Jun 11, 2010
I love Gangam Style!

First time I heard that..."oh how funny" Second time was wow this kinda fun. Third time I hit the wall hard...I could not stand that damn stupid song... Its so annoying to me... But lots of people like it...I'm scratching my head...