Anthony Bourdain's DR trip tonight

Redscot

Dec 10, 2004
This was mentioned before on the forum, so for those who dig his program, his DR trip will be aired tonight on the Travel channel at 9 pm. I can only imagine his opinion of "salami" :laugh: .

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
Oh what.. this dude is the shiz, ok so is this going to be on in the north coast cable del norte, please guys!!

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
I saw part of it last night and I don't know how he kept a straight face when talking about how good the food was .

susan77

Jan 19, 2008
Watched the whole show last night--- I liked how the first thing he did when he arrived in the Capitol was to buy Presidentes for the hombres at a colmada, sit down on the curb and just watch the street scene-- And his last meal was in a barrio alleyway -- He seemed to "get" the DR way of life-- I did NOT like how much time was spent at ugly, industrial Boca Chica-- Fortunately they made it to gorgeous Playa Rincon for grilled lobster-- PS: The desayuno salami actually looked pretty tasty!

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
Watched the whole show last night--- I liked how the first thing he did when he arrived in the Capitol was to buy Presidentes for the hombres at a colmada, sit down on the curb and just watch the street scene-- And his last meal was in a barrio alleyway -- He seemed to "get" the DR way of life-- I did NOT like how much time was spent at ugly, industrial Boca Chica-- Fortunately they made it to gorgeous Playa Rincon for grilled lobster-- PS: The desayuno salami actually looked pretty tasty!

In 5 minutes of the show he was already more well adapted than 90% of ex-pats.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011

He explained why they went to Boca Chica on a Sunday.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
I saw part of it last night and I don't know how he kept a straight face when talking about how good the food was .

Huh? Maybe he truly thought it was good. I've been watching him for years and I don't think he's shy about saying when he just doesn't care for something. Maybe YOU don't like it, but millions of us do...

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012

This is what most tourists/expats don't understand.. good Dominican food is REALLY good, and bad Dominican food is REALLY bad.. 90% of restaurants here serve bad Dominican food.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Fortunately they made it to gorgeous Playa Rincon for grilled lobster--
Mmmmm....lobster on Playa Rincon...

PB160179Custom.jpg

P1040121Custom.jpg

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
Why was that?

Boca Chica is like the Coney Island for NYC, Venice Beach for a Los Angeles, North Ave Beach for Chicago. If you want to see a mixture of families, tourists, weirdos, hustlers, etc you go to these places.

A lot of beachs maybe less chaotic then Boca Chica in DR, but in the "character" department Boca Chica wins easily.

Redscot

Dec 10, 2004
In 5 minutes of the show he was already more well adapted than 90% of ex-pats.

I agree, I think he did a good job all things considered of capturing some of the "Essence" of the country. My wife and son who watched it with me were also in agreement that snaggle tooth was a douche.

Next time I am near Villa Mella gonna get me some of that Chicharron!

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
I agree, I think he did a good job all things considered of capturing some of the "Essence" of the country. My wife and son who watched it with me were also in agreement that snaggle tooth was a douche.

Next time I am near Villa Mella gonna get me some of that Chicharron!

perfect nickname for mr. ruben "snaggletooth" garcia(licensiado,ingeniero,doctor) lol

Snaggles : I thought you were an arrogant new yorker..

Mr Bourdain: No.. I know nothing!