Nude Beaches In DR

Status
Not open for further replies.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i wish. many dominicans bathe in the sea/ocean wearing clothes (shorts, t-shirt) and they do not really care to take lots of sun. so an idea of a naked beach never really caught up.

jonytuga

Oct 16, 2012
There are several in Portugal and we are used to, but whenever I visited the island never heard of any,but I do not know the whole country is possible that there is some, (but only for tourists because I think that nudity on the beach is badly seen by the Dominicans, sorry if I'm wrong).
JT

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Just an observation from the nude beaches in Europe.

How come only ugly people go there?

BelgianK

Dominicaus

Oct 4, 2006
i wish. many dominicans bathe in the sea/ocean wearing clothes (shorts, t-shirt) and they do not really care to take lots of sun. so an idea of a naked beach never really caught up.
The Dominicans who bathe in the sea wearing t-shirts or shorts are extremely few...And I suspect most of those do not own a swimsuit....Many resorts are full of Dominicans on weekends, especially during the low season, like now, and the vast majority of them wear swimsuits or bikinis.

Dominicaus

Oct 4, 2006
Are there any nude or clothing optional beaches in Dominican Republic?
Don't know any myself...then again, we are getting close...topless bathing is generally accepted on the beach by most resorts (generally not by the swimming pools)...The practice is more popular among women from certain countries (less among those from N/S America more among those from certain European countries, such as France, Germany and culturally related countries )... Combine toplessness with thongs and the distance from there to nudity is EXTREMELY short...As for guys, well we normally bathe "topless" don't we...but we don't normally wear thongs, so I guess the distance for us is a bit longer.

Dominicaus

Oct 4, 2006
yes but with t shirts over the top usually
Maybe is a North coast thing?
Or a public beach thing?

The overwhelming majority of Dominicans who go to the resorts I am familiar with on WE (mostly on the SE coast, between BC and PC ) wear normal swimsuits or bikinis, and ZERO T-shirts on top...

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Maybe is a North coast thing?
Or a public beach thing?

The overwhelming majority of Dominicans who go to the resorts I am familiar with on WE (mostly on the SE coast, between BC and PC ) wear normal swimsuits or bikinis, and ZERO T-shirts on top...

that's right - dominicans with money to visit resorts... but visit more remote beaches and wading in shorts/t-shirts are common. men in their underwear, etc.
neither is an odd or uncommon sight. it's a matter of economic status.

same with the busloads/guaguas that come from the cibao for day trips to pto plata, sosua, cabarete, playa grande, etc, etc

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
that's right - dominicans with money to visit resorts... but visit more remote beaches and wading in shorts/t-shirts are common. men in their underwear, etc.
neither is an odd or uncommon sight. it's a matter of economic status.

same with the busloads/guaguas that come from the cibao for day trips to pto plata, sosua, cabarete, playa grande, etc, etc

You have to understand, Dominicaus does not live in DR nor has he ever been to any of the beaches you have mentioned, notice him slowly backing down from his statement?

What we have here is another Dominican Milli Vanilli, "Girl you know it's true....!"

jonytuga

Oct 16, 2012
Just an observation from the nude beaches in Europe.

How come only ugly people go there?

BelgianK

You are so right about that, I made myself the same question all these years, maybe because they are so ugly do not have afraid of onlookers or being harassed (just my guess LOLOL)
JT

Status
Not open for further replies.