Ubiquitous US dollar.

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
This thread is named Dominican Republic 1, not dr1 and US. I would like to see the Moderators insist the all pricing, except for automobiles , boats and possibly houses are in
Dominican Pesos. I am fed up of having to multiply prices by 39.50 (now) all the time. This is especially illogical when writing about daily or weekly expenses! Who on earth calculates how many pesos to take shopping at US$2 per lb for pork chops?

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
This thread is named Dominican Republic 1, not dr1 and US. I would like to see the Moderators insist the all pricing, except for automobiles , boats and possibly houses are in
Dominican Pesos. I am fed up of having to multiply prices by 39.50 (now) all the time. This is especially illogical when writing about daily or weekly expenses! Who on earth calculates how many pesos to take shopping at US$2 per lb for pork chops?

This thread is named Ubiquitous US Dollar.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
This thread is named Ubiquitous US Dollar.
Granca means the portal is called DR1, so we should use Dominican pesos when mentioning prices not USD.

I would say, just multiply by 40 in your mind, it's going to be 40 soon, goal for February is 42 to have it stable there.

For the use of this forum, sometimes pesos are good to use, sometimes dollars, especially for people who are havin a usd income or are comparing with a current USD cost of live in their home country.

I don't see why everyone would have to use pesos, while you are fed up with it.

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com

You had a rough weekend? Have a "sex on the beach" you'll feel better after that ;)

Sep 4, 2012
This thread is named Dominican Republic 1, not dr1 and US. I would like to see the Moderators insist the all pricing, except for automobiles , boats and possibly houses are in Dominican Pesos.

I need and translate everything to UDS even if purchasing through the local economy with DOP. I can't think DOP to save my life....:cross-eye

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Thinking in pesos and writing in dollars is not much different from thinking in english and speaking in spanish...good to keep brain cells active...Once you decide to live abroad, everything becomes dual, at least, and currency is not the hardest to get used to. But that's just me, I guess...

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Try multiplying dollar prices by 40. Much easier and you won't be far out. In fact soon you will be dead right!

kampinge

Jan 18, 2012
If this is your biggest problem her ..... congratulations