How is Alter Ego??? I have NOT looked at all of the threads!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
There is no doubt that Alter Ego must have had a tough time this weekend..

Anyone know about her? and the family>??

HB

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Have spoken to her on the phone. She and husband are fine at daughter's house. Not allowed home yet but neighbour said her street is dry and her house is there undamaged so hopefully ok.

Matilda

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
She is lucky!!! My friends near Princeton are without lights for two days...
Some parts of New Jersey Shore are no longer there!! Just like a tsunami...

WOW! That was a blow!...

And they are talking about a week without electricity.

HB

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
My mother in-law sister's house in New Jersey is gone for the most part. They had a lot of water/flooding. Unbelievable some of the pictures I am seeing.

cbmitch9

Bronze
Nov 3, 2010
Lots of places in NJ are without power. Atlantic City was hit very hard, lots of water. Other parts in-land in NJ has lots of downed trees.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
MY parent's house in Paramus NJ have no electricity as well. Since there's no electricity my parents try to eat out for breakfast and lunch yesterday but most of their favorite American and Korean restaurants were closed. They end up eat at some place in Hackensack and Palisades Park. They said it's pretty bad all over as expected a lot of trees down and some roads are still flooded. I hope everybody is safe and well. They just went through rough one again.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
I just spoke with AE and she said to tell everyone that she and her family are doing okay.
She doesn't know when they will be able to go back home.Her house is intact but she
doesn't know if her basement is flooded and she's worried about this.

Last edited:

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
I've been stuck here at my hospital in the Bronx for 3 days. Was supposed to go back to Santiago tonight....not happening :(

SHALENA

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
We spent a few hours today trying to get back onto the island from all four entry points - blockades and police everywhere. Mr AE was trying to get close enough to walk over one of the bridges but not even pedestrians allowed. Our towns sewer system was breached and flooded with salt water so no one allowed in becaus it has to be pumped out and repaired. Local paper is reporting businesses and homes being looted.

Meanwhile we still haven't had anyone look into our basement windows to report to us, veryyyyy frustrating . We do know the house is standing.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
We spent a few hours today trying to get back onto the island from all four entry points - blockades and police everywhere. Mr AE was trying to get close enough to walk over one of the bridges but not even pedestrians allowed. Our towns sewer system was breached and flooded with salt water so no one allowed in becaus it has to be pumped out and repaired. Local paper is reporting businesses and homes being looted.

Meanwhile we still haven't had anyone look into our basement windows to report to us, veryyyyy frustrating .

We do know the house is standing.

That in itself is quite a good sign -- dontcha think???

Good news

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006

Meanwhile we still haven't had anyone look into our basement windows to report to us, veryyyyy frustrating . We do know the house is standing.

How horribly frustrating for you. I hope the police are keeping an eye on the houses as well as guarding bridges. And tell them you are used to the DR. Who needs a sewage system? Just get Mr AE to build a quick septic tank or a latrine in the garden!

Take care

Matilda