claro internet-hello stupid gringo

cruzan

May 3, 2006
I need advice please....
.I have been trying to get Claro internet for 5 months. 6 trips to Nagua. & 8 phone calls where they have told me,,,"it will only take one more week to get your internet service,,," ( the manana thing)
so today I was told that they can not hook me up with internet, "there is no connection in the neighborhood"
BUT
they then told me that according to their technicians I have been hooked up since the start of October. ..So,,, If I wanted internet service, I had to come in to the office,,,,PAY THE BILL FOR OCTOBER, CANCEL THE SERVICE, then 'request another hookup'...
I asked them if they were serious about me paying for something that I was not getting, and they said yes,,,,
any suggestions????

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Sometimes I wonder if there is some kind of Language barrier that some expats are suffering from. I never have any of these kind of weird issues.

Only once Edesur tried to make me pay for power consumption between the end of the contract of the last habitant and the start of my contract, but after explaining why that doesn't seem correct, they admitted I was right and removed the charge.

With Claro, never had any problems, on occasions I have claimed some bills that didn't seem correct to me, and gotten a credit.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I need advice please....
.I have been trying to get Claro internet for 5 months. 6 trips to Nagua. & 8 phone calls where they have told me,,,"it will only take one more week to get your internet service,,," ( the manana thing)
so today I was told that they can not hook me up with internet, "there is no connection in the neighborhood"
BUT
they then told me that according to their technicians I have been hooked up since the start of October. ..So,,, If I wanted internet service, I had to come in to the office,,,,PAY THE BILL FOR OCTOBER, CANCEL THE SERVICE, then 'request another hookup'...
I asked them if they were serious about me paying for something that I was not getting, and they said yes,,,,
any suggestions????
If you're hooked up go buy a DSL modem and just use it while they're trying to get it sorted out.

We had a problem when we moved into our house. Codetel said DSL was available, but the technician said it wasn't.

Technically, they were both correct.

Fact was there was no capacity left where we live, no more wires could be run to houses, so ultimately Codetel came out and added more capacity.

Jenny429

Oct 10, 2005
I just delt with something similar. I had to pay a $4,000. bill in order for them to THEN credit my account for the 3 months they didn't have ANY Internet in our Zone.. Before they could transfer my service to Santo Domingo.. Hrmm.. They do crazy things like that.. but you need to make daily reports that you have no internet.. and if you do then you can report them to indotel!

cbmitch9

Bronze
Nov 3, 2010
I just delt with something similar. I had to pay a $4,000. bill in order for them to THEN credit my account for the 3 months they didn't have ANY Internet in our Zone.. Before they could transfer my service to Santo Domingo.. Hrmm.. They do crazy things like that.. but you need to make daily reports that you have no internet.. and if you do then you can report them to indotel!

I have had a similar issue with Claro, but did not have to pay the bill. We visited the Claro office and all was cleared up.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
Dealing with Claro is like a box of chocolate you never know what you going to get.

I also went though similar hell when I was setting up the Multiplan. I sent my people to their office atleast twice a week for several months and I went there with one of my worker several time as well when they were asking my to bring my passport I always got same empty promise, someone will call you in 3 to 5 days, someone will be at my house in 3 to 5 days. Talking to supervisor might help to some extent but I wouldn't put my hopes up on getting everything sorted out. When I tried to have decent convo with supervisor in Moca, I felt like trying to make sense to dumb and dumber. Absolute hell. Try going to other (bigger) office. I won't put another hopes up but you might get different results.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
The Nagua Office

I have been trying to get Claro internet for 5 months. 6 trips to Nagua. & 8 phone calls ...

Whenever we wanted anything done about our Claro telephone (celular fijo) we were told only in Nagua they could help.
In the end I got tired of that and cancelled the contract with them.
That, however, took us 2 hours and I had to get a statement from a lawyer that I was I. :cross-eye

Now, Orange has a new customer.

And we use a dish for the internet in order to avoid problems with local providers. :bunny:

donP

Last edited:

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
This is going to sound very....ummm, I don't know....shallow or something but it has always worked for me.
If you are a woman, PLEASE use that to your advantage. I went to the Claro big office and set up service with a woman, it was taking forever for them to come to my house to hook up the cable/phone/internet. Once I was fed up, I went to a smaller Claro office where 2 men worked. Went to the salon, put on my M.A.C. and wore something tasteful, but shall I say...appealing...and 2 days later the men were at my house to hook everything up. I even got a Claro mug, a Claro mousepad, and 2 Claro HUGE umbrellas. You must know how to work it though without "appearing" as if you're working it, if that makes sense.
I know it sounds bad to have to stoop to that but that it was gets a response in DR, or at least I have found that to be so.
If you are a man, sorry, but I don't know what to tell you.

SHALENA

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Looking for the right man

As the Claro slogan says
"Claro – La Red donde todo es posible"
I am certain that they also have employees that are not quite "straight".... :ermm:

donP

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
This is going to sound very....ummm, I don't know....shallow or something but it has always worked for me.
If you are a woman, PLEASE use that to your advantage. I went to the Claro big office and set up service with a woman, it was taking forever for them to come to my house to hook up the cable/phone/internet. Once I was fed up, I went to a smaller Claro office where 2 men worked. Went to the salon, put on my M.A.C. and wore something tasteful, but shall I say...appealing...and 2 days later the men were at my house to hook everything up. I even got a Claro mug, a Claro mousepad, and 2 Claro HUGE umbrellas. You must know how to work it though without "appearing" as if you're working it, if that makes sense.
I know it sounds bad to have to stoop to that but that it was gets a response in DR, or at least I have found that to be so.

SHALENA

I agree with Shalena. I had a similar problem and the only way i could resolve it was to walk into the claro office with a large green plantain down my pants. it almost touched my knee when i sat down and crossed my legs.

unfortunately, there were no girls working in that particular office, but as fate would have it, there was two rather flamboyant, effiminate males with big hair who took an interest in my package. they fixed everything for me in a jiffy.

It is what it is.

Frank

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
I agree with Shalena. I had a similar problem and the only way i could resolve it was to walk into the claro office with a large green plantain down my pants. it almost touched my knee when i sat down and crossed my legs.

unfortunately, there were no girls working in that particular office, but as fate would have it, there was two rather flamboyant, effiminate males with big hair who took an interest in my package. they fixed everything for me in a jiffy.

It is what it is.

Frank

LMAO!!! That's too funny!

SHALENA