A Visit to DGCINE

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
DGCINE is the DR gubmintal agency that promotes, regulates and licenses the film industry in the DR. This is an industry the DR is anxious to promote.

We've visited their offices in the Capital several times recently, and they permitted me to take some pictures. This is a truly stunning Spanish courtyard villa in the middle of Gazcue.

The street view:
IMG_0217Small.jpg

IMG_0218Small.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

Onward to the front door:
IMG_0216Small.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

There was a guy sitting in the lobby, so I didn't take a pic. I was fresh out of my Actor Release Form pads. The Director's office. Well, door:
Untitled-3.jpg

The courtyard, like out of a movie:
IMG_0194Small-1.jpg

IMG_0193Small-1.jpg

Untitled-4.jpg

Untitled-5.jpg

Untitled-6.jpg

Not sure what you'd call this, kinda an outdoor living room. I'm pretty sure golf shoes are prohibited:
IMG_0195Small-1.jpg

IMG_0209Small.jpg

I guess like a lot of movie stars, R2D2 looks so...different...in person:
Untitled-7.jpg

And I'd never have recognized C3PO:
Untitled-8.jpg

The back yard. Want:
IMG_0200Small-1.jpg

IMG_0197Small-1.jpg

IMG_0202Small.jpg

Notice: no gas grill. Purely unacceptable.

The wifely babe striking a pose. She has a LOT of "ham" in her:
IMG_0199Small.jpg

Not bad for gubmint work, huh?

May 12, 2005
Very nice house. Probably one of Trujillo's or his family. I love the idea of the courtyard in the middle of the house.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Houses like that are a dime a dozen in Santo Domingo, Robert.

Most are for sale, awaiting their fate to be torn down and replaced by a tower. It's a shame, actually.
I'll take a dozen, thank you.

It's just gorgeous!

We didn't get to tour rooms (other than one office) or the kitchen, but I suspect all are top notch...

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Would've loved to have seen pics of the kitchen.The shady courtyard is stunning.

Manzana

Jan 23, 2007
Very impressive. Great tile, I assume imported from Spain or Portugal. Not ur typical office. I've seen a couple Dominican Films on cable recently including the one about the girl who eats ladybugs tracking down her father...which was pretty good.