Shipping to the USA

Jenny429

Oct 10, 2005
I see lots of information about shipping to the USA, but what about the reverse? From the DR to the USA what's the process? Is it worth it? Some of the furniture here is gorgeous and so much cheaper than in the states. I am so in-love with my bedroom furniture and dining room furniture. I would love to ship some of this back to the US for my home there. Is it just a waste of money? I'm asking cause I really have no clue. :)

Thanks everyone!
Jen

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The question has been asked before and a reasonable solution has never been posted. Sorry.

kampinge

Jan 18, 2012
i shipped about 15 M3 to Miami from Santo Domingo last year. No problem takes about 14 days. If you are interested I can give you details

Jenny429

Oct 10, 2005
Yes I am interested.. I'm more interested if I can get it to New York, but I think your answer will point me in the right direction. Also curious what you shipped and what you were charged.. Thanks!

kampinge

Jan 18, 2012
I shipped everything for our house, furniture, clothes, porcellan, a lot of household goods we brought here from Germany, never used here and now use it in Miami.
As I said, about 15m3 ca 30 boxes. Declared everything like personal belonging with is was.
I paid from warehouse Santo Domingo free delivered custom cleared Miami Dade limits US$ 2000.
I dont have the name of that guys in Santo Domingo, anyway they only have service to Miami but will ask my wife later she has the papers
All stuff will be checked here in Santo Domingo by special custom prior to shipping, in Miami they do not check anything to my knowledge, I think the Xray there.

RainingKarma

Nov 4, 2009
I am also interested, as I'd like to ship one of the antique rocking chairs that my mother left me to Southern California.

chrisrose97

May 2, 2010
Same here. Got some mahogany furniture andsome really nice antiques in Santiago that I would like to bring to Miami at some point. I ask myself the same question...would it be worth it?

Rosa del Monte moving company maybe?

kampinge

Jan 18, 2012
I found a old business card: Fredis Castillo M Cellular 809-453-3075 Carmelita Antigua 17 No.2,Ens. Ozama, Sto Domingo Este
Tel 809-596-5758
The name of the company on the card is C.A.T.M./OFICINA JURIDICA
e-mail catmoficinajuridica@gmail.com
As I said I payed 2000 US $ for ca 15 CBM personal belongings free delivered Miami FL 33189 custom clearance incl. They have a branch in Miami.

Thats was march 2012 I don't know if they still exist.