Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27
  1. #1
    Silver
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2,761
    Post Thanks / Like

    Lightbulb I am shopping for a Cell Signal booster/repeater: WHICH frequency does DR-Orange use?

    I get the most unexplainable thing going on where I live... the signal comes and goes... up four bars 3G to down to 1 bar Edge or no signal at all. It's like the wind "blows it around". It drives me NUTS (YES, more nuts than I already am!).

    So, I'm shopping for a cell phone signal repeater/booster. The idea is, that these things pick up week signals and amplify them around a 3000 sqft zone and also re-amplifies the sent packages.

    The question is, WHICH frequency/ies does ORANGE in the DR operate on?


    Thanks! ... J-D.

    Upon interest, I'll be glad to report back on the success or not of the "exercise".

  2. #2
    Silver
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,953
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Orange operates on WCDMA 900 MHz...
    I don't think you have a weak signal, it seems more like there are interferences...

  3. Likes J D Sauser liked this post
  4. #3
    Gold
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5,611
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Have you experienced the same with a different phone equipment?

    Does the same happens to your fellow users in the area?

  5. Likes J D Sauser liked this post
  6. #4
    Silver
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2,761
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Orange operates on WCDMA 900 MHz...
    I don't think you have a weak signal, it seems more like there are interferences...
    Thanks!
    I have to sit on the roof like an owl to be able to HOLD a call... I can SEE cell towers from the roof and most of ALL I can SEE the darn ORANGE sign on the road (I have nightly sniper dreams about that one ) .
    There is weak signal in that whole region. Not just my home.

    THANKS a lot for the answer!

    900MHz is the for regular CELL service AND 3G Data?


    ... J-D.

  7. #5
    Silver
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,953
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J D Sauser View Post
    900MHz is the for regular CELL service AND 3G Data
    Yes. Channel number 8. Keep in mind that when you say 900Mhz band, it's not necessarily 900Mhz per se, but could be around that frequency. The frequecies 850/900/1900/1800 are used for convention and operate within a range...

  8. Likes J D Sauser liked this post
  9. #6
    Silver
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2,761
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wishing you well View Post
    Have you experienced the same with a different phone equipment?

    Does the same happens to your fellow users in the area?
    Yes, it's not just my iPhone (although it WAS my first suspicion too). The whole sector is having NO fun.

    ... J-D

  10. #7
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    36,338
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I had a cell signal booster in my bar something like this: Wi-Ex zBoost YX510-PCS-CEL cell phone signal extender Review - Cell phone and smart phone accessories - CNET Reviews

    It was a difficult install. I had to install an antenna above the roofline and run a cable down to it.

    But it worked well. It took a one-bar signal and boosted to 4-5 bars.

    It don't recall it being frequency specific. Plug and play.

  11. #8
    Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    438
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    If I buy a kit like this A Suit Mobile Phone Signal Booster GSM 900MHz Cellphone Repeater Amplifier 400Mē | eBay operating only on 900Mhz, can I be sure that it will work on La Mulata II, with orange cell phone ??

  12. Likes J D Sauser liked this post
  13. #9
    Silver
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2,761
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MpJuly View Post
    If I buy a kit like this A Suit Mobile Phone Signal Booster GSM 900MHz Cellphone Repeater Amplifier 400Mē | eBay operating only on 900Mhz, can I be sure that it will work on La Mulata II, with orange cell phone ??
    THAT's what I was looking at.
    I just wonder IF indeed it IS the RIGHT one.

    ... J-D.

  14. #10
    Silver
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2,761
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cobraboy View Post
    I had a cell signal booster in my bar something like this: Wi-Ex zBoost YX510-PCS-CEL cell phone signal extender Review - Cell phone and smart phone accessories - CNET Reviews

    It was a difficult install. I had to install an antenna above the roofline and run a cable down to it....
    Com'on now Rob... it's just attaching a little antenna and running a cable down. We've done bigger things than that! Where's that American "YES, we can" spirit?

    ... J-D.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •