Propane Gas Delivery

Ama

Sep 5, 2007
I live in Puerto Plata...have a big gas tank that should be refilled in the next few days.
Anybody knows about home delivery,somebody who will come,disconnect,refill and put it back?
Please help and thank you !

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
I live in Puerto Plata...have a big gas tank that should be refilled in the next few days.
Anybody knows about home delivery,somebody who will come,disconnect,refill and put it back?
Please help and thank you !

It would help to know what size tank you have. Most you can disconnect, put in your car and get it filled or hire a moto to do it for you. IF you have a large 100 gallon tank, then just about any LPG place will have a truck that will come to you. LPG stations are all over so your should not have a problem finding one or ask a friend near you where a station is.

Ama

Sep 5, 2007
LPG is this any gas station?
It would help to know what size tank you have. Most you can disconnect, put in your car and get it filled or hire a moto to do it for you. IF you have a large 100 gallon tank, then just about any LPG place will have a truck that will come to you. LPG stations are all over so your should not have a problem finding one or ask a friend near you where a station is.

Ama

Sep 5, 2007
Ok, found one close to Aeroport...but that's far from me is there any in Puerto Plata?

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
The tank is about 42 inches tall.

And about 10 inches wide?

I take it that you do not know how to disconnect it or can carry it to your car.. if you have a car. Hire a local to unhook and load in your car and put it back when you have it filled. All that is needed is an adjustable wrench.

OR Hire a local worker that you know in your area to take care of this. One with a moto would be better or he will have to find one to transport the tank. They do this all the time and know what, where, how and how much it will cost to fill the tank. Pay him his fee after it is installed and check that your stove lights. It might take a minute if you are out of gas for the new gas to get to the stove.

This is NOT difficult but if you are a first timer... hire some guy to do it.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I am pretty sure METRO GAS has a service in POP. Call them. They will come and do all the work and will also fix your system if you have any issues. Check it out. Plus the fact that ALL of your neighbors know how to do this. Maybe not the perfect way with the perfect wrench, but they get the job done and usually--repeat "usually"-- don't blow themselves up. The pros at Metro Gas do the job right.

HB

donluis99

Bronze
Jul 12, 2004
Sounds Like a 100 lb. / 25 gallon tank, Most Regulaters should be tightened by hand, should have a hand wheel, so a wrench should not be needed.

Remember, left hand thread, lefty lucy righty tighty does not apply.

Propane tank filling is one of the all time biggest scams in the DR, weigh it or you will be ripped off.

Home bulk delivery is no different, that meter IS miscalibrated in favor of the vender.

g,luck

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Wow I have a large tank. It holds 12 gallons of propane. When empty I put it in the back of the CRV and take it to get refilled. Once refilled I take it out of the car and connect it. My wife is always surprised, though its only 12 gallons, that it last 8 months. I mention you actually have to use the stove to consume the gas. The brusies and swelling should go down in a few days, I'll be find. Seems I'm the only one in the house that uses it.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Thanks dv9, I could not find the number.

I am quite happy with their service here in Santiago and almost always have a tank in reserve. You never want to be "sin gas" ...

Which is a joke in Spanish...

HB