Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Architectural home design and cost

I've started this thread in order to discuss architecture design and cost here in the DR. Here is a plan that what customized per the customer's wish. It is 250 sm.

arq 1.jpg

2. Likes ExtremeR liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

What were the costs?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

The house is 250 sm and ended up costing less than RD18,000 per m2.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I've a piece of land with around 350mts, planning on construction within the next two to three years. My plans is to have:

1. Garage
    2. Porch
    3. Kitchen
    4. Formal Living Room
    5. Dinning Room
    6. Family Room
    7. Guest Bathroom
    8. Laundry Room

All of them downstairs. For the upstairs floor:

1. Master Bedroom with BIG walk-in closet, his and her sink and vanity (don't care for Jacuzzi)
    2. Two other individual bedrooms with their own bathrooms accessible from within the own bedroom (no need to walk out to get to their individual bathroom)
    3. Balcony belong to the Master Bedroom.

I'd want inclines/declines roof and the main entrance to the foyer with columns (bricks and stones for the outside walls); need to also have room for front garden and space left out for a backyard.

House must be electrically equip to support 220/110, water heater and possible a pool? not sure yet.

The lot seats in a corner, so I'd want the plans to accommodate for the garage to be accessed from both streets and of course the bedrooms to be located away from the Western portion of the lot.

Chip,

Go to work and let me know when you get something close to the above and we maybe cooking something with Crisco!

6. Likes Chip liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Did the RD18,000/m2 include finish work (floor tiles, sinks, tubs, faucets,lights, etc...)? Decent windows, wall around property with metal entrance and car gate and security bars on windows? - or just the rough (Block, smooth coat, cement roof but no roof tiles, etc..)?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

We talked to an architect in POP, who is very well reputed.

In order for her to make all the plans (design, structural, all utility lines like water, waste, electricity), all calculations, etc... it came to about 2,000$. Her office would also do the legwork to get all the permits, but the cost for the actual permits was not included.

Follow-up was not included, which I found very strange. The price was based on sqm, and this price was for a house of 160 sqm.

If, and when we build here, we are going to use a much respected maestro here, and his price is 27,000 rds/sqm for a house built to European quality standards, but with local materials (some imported stuff like locks, doorhandles and faucets). Mind you, as we want to build modern style some expensive support beams are included in that price.

So, 18,000 is a very good price, but as asked, how are the finishings?

BelgianK

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by belgiank View Post
    We talked to an architect in POP, who is very well reputed.

In order for her to make all the plans (design, structural, all utility lines like water, waste, electricity), all calculations, etc... it came to about 2,000$. Her office would also do the legwork to get all the permits, but the cost for the actual permits was not included.

Follow-up was not included, which I found very strange. The price was based on sqm, and this price was for a house of 160 sqm.

If, and when we build here, we are going to use a much respected maestro here, and his price is 27,000 rds/sqm for a house built to European quality standards, but with local materials (some imported stuff like locks, doorhandles and faucets). Mind you, as we want to build modern style some expensive support beams are included in that price.

So, 18,000 is a very good price, but as asked, how are the finishings?

BelgianK
    The price for the plans is good assuming this includes the tramitacion and the signing off when needed during construction.

As far as the finishing go the roof was partially tiled with Spanish tiles, good ceramic floors, aluminum sliding windows, granite countertop, mahogany wood for three bedrooms, doors and kitchen, protective iron and a perimeter wall.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

double post

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MJSantoDomingo View Post
    Did the RD18,000/m2 include finish work (floor tiles, sinks, tubs, faucets,lights, etc...)? Decent windows, wall around property with metal entrance and car gate and security bars on windows? - or just the rough (Block, smooth coat, cement roof but no roof tiles, etc..)?
    See above post.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Forgive me if some questions seem basic -
    What is not included in the 18,000/m2? What fees or charges should one expect in addition to that when building a house in the DR?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast