Danilo in Cabarete Ayer

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Surprise visit by the President yesterday to Cabarete...
He made a couple of stops near Kite Beach, met with Michel Gay-Crossier of ADECA, and spent some time in the community of La Cienega. Crossier's conversation is said to have touched upon some of the difficulties encountered with the current local government. Hopefully Crossier's conversation will have some positive impact!

6FE40651-510A-4F17-99E2-3343FDBC1B06.jpeg

Presidente Medina recorre zona tur?stica de Cabarete - listindiario.com

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Yes, the president was here, and he also needed to use the bathroom and stopped at Kite Beach Hotel. My friend, Jon Carlos (Orthodontist in Santo Domingo...graduate of Carrol Morgan in SD) was coming out of his condo with his wife, Cerise, (lawyer in Santo Domingo) they ran into him as he was searching for a toilet. they took the president up to their condo, where, he used their bathroom, forgot to flush, but thanked them profusely, and then in true president form, posed for pictures with their 2 year old daughter.

They said he was very polite. They showed the picture of him with their baby to many of the staff here at Jose Oshay's. I was the first person they showed the picture to; when they showed me the picture--taken with their cell phones, i didn't recognize the president and thought it was Cerise's father. I asked, "Is this your father or grandfather?"

They looked at me like i was an idiot...which i am...and then proceeded to tell me the story about how he ended up using their bathroom inside their condo.

Only in the DR.

Frank

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
He did not flush? Did they recuperate the waste, and put it on ebay for sale?

BelgianK

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Nasty comment warning:

He probably did not flush out of habit!
In Santo Domingo there is no water to flush most of the time.
In San Juan where he grew up there were few bathrooms..

So what can you expect? Did he wash his hands?

HB,curmudgeon mode...cynical as ever

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Nasty comment warning:

He probably did not flush out of habit!
In Santo Domingo there is no water to flush most of the time.
In San Juan where he grew up there were few bathrooms..

So what can you expect? Did he wash his hands?

HB,curmudgeon mode...cynical as ever

Warning taken...

But was not meant as nasty...

I just remembered a true story, where people were selling that kind of stuff from celebrities, on ebay.

No bad comments by me, so far, on Danilo. I actually think he is doing quite a good job so far...

BelgianK

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Where's security during all this? They just let him wander around looking for a bathroom?

kampinge

Jan 18, 2012
cannot see any changes beside of raised taxes. Less traveling maybe, but the raison can be the immediate needs for toilets

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Did he disarm the mayor while he was visiting? Water or no, failure to flush is a Dom thing thru and thru. Did he close the doors?

GBG

Nov 5, 2012
FRANK!!! What's the 12 for, your age!?!? Yes, the President stopped by, yes he used our bathroom, NO he left no evidence behind!!! I liked you better when you were just peddling your girlfriend or your alternative ending bible online. Sigh...
To anyone else reading this: This is just a story of extending some common courtesy to someone, no big deal. However, I am puzzled by the comments on this post about lack of water/flushing habits. That kind of generalizing seldom comes from a keen mind. Anyways, a good night to all.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
That explains the two low flying helicopters I saw.

they were looking for precious presidential floaties?

seriously, his prostate is playing up. i think he should re-thing his entourage: instead of three jeeps he famously travels with he should take two jeepetas and one port a potty....

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
FRANK!!! What's the 12 for, your age!?!? Yes, the President stopped by, yes he used our bathroom, NO he left no evidence behind!!! I liked you better when you were just peddling your girlfriend or your alternative ending bible online. Sigh...
To anyone else reading this: This is just a story of extending some common courtesy to someone, no big deal. However, I am puzzled by the comments on this post about lack of water/flushing habits. That kind of generalizing seldom comes from a keen mind. Anyways, a good night to all.

I stand corrected...the president flushed! My apologies.

Frank

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012

Time to sell your condo and buy a sense of humor? lol

Jan 22, 2010
why they don't close this thread?? as a lot of sh** being talked
more serious matters being closed on this site recently....
T.E.