Proces for Caoba bedroog set

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
I've been offered The opportunity to buy a Caoba bedroog set, consisting of a bed, two bedside tables and a headpiece, two matresses and vanity.

Any suggestions on how much I should spend on it?

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
Depends on size mostly, but a handmade Caoba bedroom set without mattress (made by uncle so price was reasonable) , full size (FULL) was 70k RD. In stores for queen sets in Caoba you can expect 100-125k RD at least, king would be 150k+ RD. Anything made of real caoba is extremely expensive but apparently lasts forever.

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
Ah, for a Serta "Sterling" mattress king size I paid 29k for the matress and box spring. This is apparently one of the best mattresses you can buy.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
depends on the work, quality and quantity of wood used. big head board? simple design? very decorative? four poster? bed tables big? small? elaborate? plain and simple?

we made our platform bed (king size) with two bedside tables from english oak. sleek modern design. price was 35k pesos. caoba will be more expensive but not by much, unless it is really nice wood. i believe dominican caoba is not used that much anymore as it is prohibited to cut the trees?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i would say you should expect to pay from 50k pesos upwards (mattresses excluded). i would only accept mattresses if brand new and unused. good brand with decent quality will send you at 25k upwards for king size. so the whole set, say, 75k?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I've been offered The opportunity to buy a Caoba bedroog set, consisting of a bed, two bedside tables and a headpiece, two matresses and vanity.

Any suggestions on how much I should spend on it?

We paid 48,000 Pesos for a queen set in Caoba and another 26,000 for serta matress set.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I know an Italian carpenter who's only been here a couple of months who could no doubt beat all these prices because he's hungry. The only problem is he's going to busy working with me in January. Maybe if someone post some designs I can get some prices. BTW, this guy made a fortune redoing kitchens and bathrooms in NYC and lost it all because of a family member and now it starting over only with his tools and the clothes on his back. His wife is Dominican and they live in Santiago.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i had to get rid of the spelling check on my android phone because it was playing up to a totally idiotic extend when i was writing in polish. you really cannot keep your patience when the bloody thing messes up with your rather serious conversation and helpfully changes your expression of sadness into the word "mongoose" .

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
Thx again to all who responded..

Ipad language is set to Dutch.. yes you can all laugh, I would too..

Well it seems the whole thing is a firesale at around 35-40K. It will be a simple design, nothing fancy..

Just have to get confirmation that it really is Caoba..

Re the price I assume I am getting Dominican pricing because, as usual, there is no gringo showing in the whole process :)

hhunter

Nov 6, 2012
We are in the process of purchasing a condo in Punta Cana and would be interested in finding out what bedroom sets made by your carpenter would cost. We won't be closing on the property until summer so there is some time for him to build if he has other projects online.