Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Proces for Caoba bedroog set

I've been offered The opportunity to buy a Caoba bedroog set, consisting of a bed, two bedside tables and a headpiece, two matresses and vanity.

Any suggestions on how much I should spend on it?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Depends on size mostly, but a handmade Caoba bedroom set without mattress (made by uncle so price was reasonable) , full size (FULL) was 70k RD. In stores for queen sets in Caoba you can expect 100-125k RD at least, king would be 150k+ RD. Anything made of real caoba is extremely expensive but apparently lasts forever.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah, for a Serta "Sterling" mattress king size I paid 29k for the matress and box spring. This is apparently one of the best mattresses you can buy.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

depends on the work, quality and quantity of wood used. big head board? simple design? very decorative? four poster? bed tables big? small? elaborate? plain and simple?

we made our platform bed (king size) with two bedside tables from english oak. sleek modern design. price was 35k pesos. caoba will be more expensive but not by much, unless it is really nice wood. i believe dominican caoba is not used that much anymore as it is prohibited to cut the trees?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Thx for the replies. Effin auto spell check on my iPad...

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

i would say you should expect to pay from 50k pesos upwards (mattresses excluded). i would only accept mattresses if brand new and unused. good brand with decent quality will send you at 25k upwards for king size. so the whole set, say, 75k?

7. Likes MerengueDutchie liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Any specific company/business recommended for wood work/furniture around or close to SD?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MerengueDutchie View Post
    I've been offered The opportunity to buy a Caoba bedroog set, consisting of a bed, two bedside tables and a headpiece, two matresses and vanity.

Any suggestions on how much I should spend on it?
    We paid 48,000 Pesos for a queen set in Caoba and another 26,000 for serta matress set.

10. Likes MerengueDutchie liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I know an Italian carpenter who's only been here a couple of months who could no doubt beat all these prices because he's hungry. The only problem is he's going to busy working with me in January. Maybe if someone post some designs I can get some prices. BTW, this guy made a fortune redoing kitchens and bathrooms in NYC and lost it all because of a family member and now it starting over only with his tools and the clothes on his back. His wife is Dominican and they live in Santiago.

12. Likes MerengueDutchie liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MerengueDutchie View Post
    Thx for the replies. Effin auto spell check on my iPad...
    Ha ha! I had to laugh! What language do you have your ipad set to correct it bedroog and proces?

14. Likes MerengueDutchie liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast