Withdrawal limits from ATMS

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
I remember on another thread someone said they could withdraw 30k RD$ from BHD atms, can anyone else post their experiences, the max I've been able to withdraw on any one transaction is 10k RD$, thanks guys.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
BHD, my max is 4,000rds.
Same for Banreservas.
Santa Cruz, I thought 8,000rds, but friends from Belgium typed in 20,000rds and got it.
BP, 10,000rds

I have also noticed it depends on your home bank. British friends of ours can only withdraw 4,000rds from BP. Essentially it is trial and error

BelgianK

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Banco Popular allows you up to 20,000 DOP a day, but you have to do it in two transactions. The limit per transaction is still 10,000 DOP. It might be the same for BHD, but I wouldn't know.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I think there are limits on withdrawals here at the banks -- but you can do multiple withdrawals up to a daily maximum.

Then, your home bank card has a limit.... mine is $XXXX/day but I also have a weekly limit which I cannot exceed.
I had my bank up my limit.

I stand at ScotiaBank and do 4 withdrawals to hit my daily limit.... my weekly limit is 3 of those.

One bank here in Cabrera only allows 4000 DRP per withdrawal...... very expensive

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
Why don't you go into the Bank. I regularly uplift $150K without a problem from Banco Popular in Santiago. You merely have to instruct your home card issuer that you require large withdrawals.

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
Why don't you go into the Bank. I regularly uplift $150K without a problem from Banco Popular in Santiago. You merely have to instruct your home card issuer that you require large withdrawals.

So how do you do that, just give them your home atm card and pin? At the moment I withdraw 4-5 times a day with 10k as my limits.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
You Can go into any bank and withdraw as much as you want, within reason, without any charge from the machine, the only charge you will take is from your own bank (don't hold me to that but in my experience). Just go in with your card and passport or cedula, they call some superior financial god like character who tells them you are a real person and then they charge the card and give you your wonga, simple really!

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
You Can go into any bank and withdraw as much as you want, within reason, without any charge from the machine, the only charge you will take is from your own bank (don't hold me to that but in my experience). Just go in with your card and passport or cedula, they call some superior financial god like character who tells them you are a real person and then they charge the card and give you your wonga, simple really!
If you are talking about a cash advance on a credit or debit card this ends up being more expensive than a simple wire transfer to a local bank.

DominicanQuest

Oct 22, 2012
I have been able to pull out 20,000 pesos in 2 consecutive (10,000 + 10,000) transactions from ATMs of different banks. BoA - my bank - told me my daily limit is $700. I have never tested it.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
If you are talking about a cash advance on a credit or debit card this ends up being more expensive than a simple wire transfer to a local bank.

I have no idea what you are talking about. I am not talking about CC's, I am talking about going into the bank and using your debit card as you would in the machine, but with a real person and ability to withdraw more than the machine will dispense. I didn't think the post was that difficult to understand.

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Givadogahome,
I think you are a bit out of touch at the moment, Givadogahome. Perhaps your european experiences have colored your views.
Most ATMs have a cash limit as do you own Debit cards. With your own Debit cards you can make changes to that limit with your "Home " Bank.
You will pay fees on the amount but that varies from Bank to Bank ! Currently withdrawals attract about 1.5% fee from my bank for cash upto RD$10,000 per day.

Olly

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
That would be a charge from your bank as I stated previously. Withdrawal limits are for cash machine withdrawals, Not spends or in bank withdrawals. And no, I'm not out of touch, I'm pretty up to date so get it right, you have no idea what I am talking about obviously and so maybe you could catch up!