Infos about Urbanizacion Thomen , Santiago

f.borgia

Oct 29, 2012
hello,

i consider to buy a lot in the urbanizacion "thomen" en santiago. and later on to built my own house instead of buying now

i visited this place with some employee and friends and there are a lot of vey big houses with a lot of space etc...

but the streets are really in bad condition, what was very surprising for me for a place with so many expensive houses.

this place is near the centro espanol and a expensive university..

so maybe someone can give me more infos about this place.

lisagauss

Bronze
Feb 16, 2011
I kno exactly where this is, actaully, I too was considering buying land there. What drew me off was how relatively desolate it is; at least for me. Have you considered other places?

f.borgia

Oct 29, 2012
yes, you are right!

i also consider the whole gurabo area and i have heard a lot about this new place called samanes.

but what i like in thomen that is is very quiet and there are almost only big houses so you really have your privacy.

Redscot

Dec 10, 2004
It is a spot, that logic says has to appreciate with time. As you mentioned, the Centro Espanol is the preeminent social club in Santiago and Banreservas also has a club in the area. The Uapa university is also situated in the area. The main avenue has been a home for a lot of small scale "caberet's" and some large scale car wash and cabana's. Land values on the periphery of Santiago are booming....not quite sure why Thomen has developed much slower than places such as Villa Maria, Los Semanes, etc. I looked at it recently, and personally was not inspired to build there at the moment. I do think it is a good spot to invest in long term though.

f.borgia

Oct 29, 2012
yes in villa maria are much more casas and also some big ones but what was interesting to see that in thomen are almost only really big casas ( casotas). but yes it dont seems so developed like villa maria for ejample

i really did not see any cabanas there, but it was a good info, thx.

Redscot

Dec 10, 2004
yes in villa maria are much more casas and also some big ones but what was interesting to see that in thomen are almost only really big casas ( casotas). but yes it dont seems so developed like villa maria for ejample

i really did not see any cabanas there, but it was a good info, thx.

True, Helios only really borders on it. The small scale "cabaret's" are real though, and Gomez Diaz is as big and booming as a car wash gets. I would recommend driving around Thomen and getting a feel for it, it has a ghost town atmosphere atm imo. There were some early big money investors, but dig deeper into junta de vecinos, neighborhood club etc. There is a reason that the square meter is 2k less than the other areas mentioned. Still, I do stand by it as a good investment for the near future.

f.borgia

Oct 29, 2012
yes , ghost town atmosphere, exactly my thoughts!!

well yes i will do it , i need to wait till march till i return. but sure there must be a reason why i can buy there a lot around 800 q2 for under 2 million pesos where i have to buy for it in villa maria more then double..