Air hockey and table football

tomat

Oct 11, 2011
[h=5]Hi everybody,
do you know where is it possible to buy new or used air-hockey & foosball (futbolin, table football) tables aside from Pricesmart?[/h]Many thanks.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
I dont know about air-hockey, but to get a decent foosball table you have to import it yourself, unless you buy the crappy one from PriceSmart. Jolly Rogers in Sosua is getting a new table, they will sell their used table. PM if you are interested, and I will give you the owners phone number.

tomat

Oct 11, 2011
Thanks Conchman. That's not good news though. I know Kelly from JR, I'll check with him how much does he want for the foosball table.
Do we know how much would it cost to import a brand new table?

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
I bought a used Tornado Whirlwind for $400 on ebay, and it will cost $350 to ship/customs/door to door. This included picking up fom an address in Miami and delivering it to a bar in Sosua. The weight was 250 lbs I think, and it was not boxed which brought the price up.

ohmmmm

Bronze
Jun 11, 2010
Ochoa used to have them at the big store in Santiago, but you know how it goes...one month they have a bunch and then nothing. Check quality.

j&t's future

Bronze
Mar 6, 2007
Ochoa have a 6ft x 3ft Air Hocket table for $22,000 RD. They also have a Foosball Table around 4ft x 2 1/2 ft for the same price, it looked more like a toy table to me. PriceSmart, on the other hand had a 5 1/2ft x 3 ft (approx) Foosball Table for $14,000 RD that looked good value to me.

May 29, 2006
If you are looking for that kind of game, you can prob find a local carpenter to make one of these for $50-$100:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FGgCm_8awQynXbt5JBzudJIaOPc58nl9SwOZbf_pHdg/edit

The hard part would be trying to get a hockey puck.

I've made about six of these sets now and they hold up very well. You have to replace the sticks once in a while(they wear down) or you can make them out of broom handles. A well made set will last for 1000's of game hours. You need the lag screws or the kids will break it apart. Use exterior plywood since it's likely to be left in the rain.

Here are some kids playing a commercial version of the game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtwLz0S2B7U

And here's another homemade version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mALMOslY4A

j&t's future

Bronze
Mar 6, 2007
Peter, I think the Air Hockey game in question is where the 'puck' floats on air. Hockey Sticks aren't required for this one!

May 29, 2006
Broom handles aren't that hard to come by for the game sticks. He wants air hockey or foosball. Both are rowdy table games with a goal at both ends. So is Box Hockey. I've played them all and the Box Hockey holds up the best, it's cheaper to make, and you get a better workout playing it. It typically takes me about an hour and a half to make a set with about $25 worth of materials here in the US, less if I get three sets per sheet of plywood.

tomat

Oct 11, 2011
Thanks everybody for your suggestions. Box Hockey is cool but I'd rather go for fussball or air hockey. I found a second-hand fussball table in Cabarete and I'll check it out. If it's in bad condition, the one at PriceSmart looks like a good deal.