Can one negotiate with the smaller hotels?

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
I used to pay around $50/night at Century Plaza in Santiago, but about a year ago they raised the price.

I'll be going visiting Santiago for about 8 days and I'd really like to stay there, but only if they lower the price a bit. I've been going there for years so they already know me.

My question is: do you think they'll negotiate the price?

Thanks.

BigLongBeach

Feb 8, 2010
I havent been there yet but it looks more like a 'mid' sized motel. I cant speak for santiago but my rule in santo domingo is if they charge ibitis(?) or ley aka taxes and service they wont change their price. All the smaller hotels will drop about 100-200pesos a night.

bdablack

Jun 30, 2011
I havent been there yet but it looks more like a 'mid' sized motel. I cant speak for santiago but my rule in santo domingo is if they charge ibitis(?) or ley aka taxes and service they wont change their price. All the smaller hotels will drop about 100-200pesos a night.

Los Jardines. The best rate in Santiago and it is clean fresh with a new look. Wifi everywhere!

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
When Century Plaza first raised their prices (about 3 or 4 years ago), I showed them a receipt with the old price, and they honored it from that point on...I stayed there another half a dozen times or so for the cheaper price...it was 200-300 pesos less than the current price at the time.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
I think it is hard to keep the price in pesos, as the dollar exchange rate keeps climbing. But maybe they will agree to keep the same price in dollars to the current rate.