Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Green Coffee Beans

I've got 11.5 lbs. of 16+ screen green (unroasted) coffee beans, clean and sorted, available for $3.20 a pound plus shipping on Caribe Tours.

These beans are classified as "gourmet" coffee, the best of the best, and come from Alida's family Cerro Prieto plantation at 4500', 11km from Juncalito, some of the most perfect growing conditions on the planet.

This is the last of the 2012 crop. Finish them with the roast of your choice.

Drop me a PM if interested.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

3.20 per lb actually isn't bad for small quantities.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sayanora View Post
    3.20 per lb actually isn't bad for small quantities.
    Exactly.

And these are 16+ screen. In perspective, "regular" beans in average coffee are 12-14 screen.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Wish I knew how to roast coffee!!
    Quote Originally Posted by cobraboy View Post
    I've got 11.5 lbs. of 16+ screen green (unroasted) coffee beans, clean and sorted, available for $3.20 a pound plus shipping on Caribe Tours.

These beans are classified as "gourmet" coffee, the best of the best, and come from Alida's family Cerro Prieto plantation at 4500', 11km from Juncalito, some of the most perfect growing conditions on the planet.

This is the last of the 2012 crop. Finish them with the roast of your choice.

Drop me a PM if interested.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default home roasted coffee

I can attest to the quality and excellence of the brewed coffee from the roasted, green beans we have received from cobraboy. Roasting them at home is not that difficult. I'd be happy to explain how we do it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Weather Is Here View Post
    Wish I knew how to roast coffee!!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

That is kind of you. I warn you I live in a beach condo w a tiny gas oven though. But we do love good coffee......
    Quote Originally Posted by CocoBoy View Post
    I can attest to the quality and excellence of the brewed coffee from the roasted, green beans we have received from cobraboy. Roasting them at home is not that difficult. I'd be happy to explain how we do it.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

The best coffee I ever had was roasted over a fire in a frying pan outside a shack up in the mountains of San Jose de Ocoa.

No special kitchen supplies required

Administrator
    DR1.com

8. Likes bronzeallspice liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

That is kind of you. I warn you I live in a beach condo w a tiny gas oven though. But we do love good coffee......
    I may have some private family stock, "Estate" coffee roasted from the same beans, available. Not sure how much because the season is over.

This is rare coffee. I think a few DR1ers can attest to the superior quality.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds interesting. I don't have a grinder here. But I could smuggle one in a few weeks. Or get from Amazon unless the new law taxes it 18%!

How long can I keep the beans?
    Quote Originally Posted by cobraboy View Post
    I may have some private family stock, "Estate" coffee roasted from the same beans, available. Not sure how much because the season is over.

This is rare coffee. I think a few DR1ers can attest to the superior quality.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds interesting. I don't have a grinder here. But I could smuggle one in a few weeks. Or get from Amazon unless the new law taxes it 18%!

How long can I keep the beans?
    A couple of years if in a fairly low humidity environment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast