Damp Rid

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
La Sirena has several semi-generic local brands. Much cheaper.

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
I was looking there the other day and couldn't find it and the help had no idea what I was talking about.........I was looking in the section that had clothes storage bags etc..............any chance you know the name of it or what it looks like? Thanks!

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
I finally found it...........

.....at La Sirena in Puerto Plata.

It is in the detergent / floor cleaner isle near the front of the store on the top shelf right side walking down the isle from the front to the back of the store.

It is called CLOSEC

It comes in a plastic container a little bigger than a quart of paint. It is 99.95 peso's

There are some there that have a 12oz "gratis" package attached to it.

That is the only one I found. I didn't find another other brand.

I took a picture of it, but I have never been able to figure out how to post a photo on this board..........

Hope that helps.........

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
be VERY CAREFUL about using this stuff. Not that there's any danger from the product itself, but it's capabilities are limited.

last year I bought a bunch of them, and also the other kind that's like a sock filled with gravel. I put all of them into a closet, and closed the door, thinking it would be more than adequate to keep a little closet dry for a while.

When I returned, everything in the closet was covered in mold and mildew. Had to throw a bunch of stuff out, clothes, linens, etc. etc., and used a couple of bottles of cloro cleaning up the hard surfaces. I had been using these things on my boat for years, and they worked great. I figured the humidity in the boat on the water would be more than a closet... boy was I wrong.

I now keep all doors blocked open in the apartment when we are not there. This works fine,... just need that constant air movement.

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
I knew La Sirena had that package but I want the larger plastic bag package that is refill only. Thats a better price and more of it.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I finally found it...........

.....at La Sirena in Puerto Plata.

It is in the detergent / floor cleaner isle near the front of the store on the top shelf right side walking down the isle from the front to the back of the store.

It is called CLOSEC

It comes in a plastic container a little bigger than a quart of paint. It is 99.95 peso's

There are some there that have a 12oz "gratis" package attached to it.

That is the only one I found. I didn't find another other brand.

I took a picture of it, but I have never been able to figure out how to post a photo on this board..........

Hope that helps.........
I was in La Sirena yesterday and was going to post that. Clostec is the brand we use and seems to work well.

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Bad Boy,
"Damp Traps" are availalbe at The Dollar Store, Plaza Linares #4 Cabarete at a reasonable price. Not sure how well they work !

Olly and the Team