Electricity, Water and TV

turksman

Mar 14, 2005
Hi Guys. First of all I am moving in 3 weeks and I found a house in the Arroyo Manzano area of Santo Domingo! So excited. What and how easy is the process of connecting or getting the following:

1.Electricity
a.) What will I need and does it take long to get connected?
b.) What is better a generator or an inverter? This is definitely the biggest change for me as i have never had to live for long periods of time without power and I love to use AC!

2. Water
a.) What is the process of getting this connected and how long will it take?
b.) Does having a cistern help with this at all?

3. TV
a.) If I want English TV what options do I have for this?
b.) Here in the Turks and Caicos we have to use 6 foot Satellite Dishes to catch all the Directv Channels. I have heard that people there use Sky and the dishes are small.

Thanks!

donP

Dec 14, 2008
3 Q's

1.Electricity
b.) What is better a generator or an inverter?
It depends how reliable the service is in your area.
If there are not many and long 'apagones' a battery bank and an inverter may be sufficient.
Otherwise you want a generator as well.

2. Water
b.) Does having a cistern help with this at all?
Yes, a 'tinaco' may be sufficient also.

3. TV
a.) If I want English TV what options do I have for this?
b.) Here in the Turks and Caicos we have to use 6 foot Satellite Dishes to catch all the Directv Channels. I have heard that people there use Sky and the dishes are small.[/QUOTE]
There are SKY and CLARO.
And there is FTA... ;) with a 6-footer.

I sent you a message.

donP

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Hi Guys. First of all I am moving in 3 weeks and I found a house in the Arroyo Manzano area of Santo Domingo! So excited. What and how easy is the process of connecting or getting the following:

1.Electricity
a.) What will I need and does it take long to get connected?

Thanks!

You can try Edeeste for information.