Magic Jack App for Android and Iphones

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Magic Jack has a beta app, no charge, that works great on both android and iphones.

When you go to make a call, you have the option of your phone, your magic jack, or skype. You still get an email when you have a voicemail, and can retrieve your voicemails on your phone.

So I can be in a wifi area, call the states and Canada from my phone, no charge. I love it.

Regards
Ro

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
If you have a Magic Jack account you can program the app to ring on your phone when someone calls you on your MJ number.

Just to add, this app will also work on your Ipad.

RG84

Bronze
May 21, 2010
If you have a Magic Jack account you can program the app to ring on your phone when someone calls you on your MJ number.

Just to add, this app will also work on your Ipad.

I've been using the app on my Ipad for over a year and it's great. (as long as you have a good WFI signal). When you say you can program it to ring on your phone, do you mean a DR phone? That would be great when you're not in a WFI area.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
It's my understanding it only works via w wifi area, inasmuch as it's an internet phone.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
It's my understanding it only works via w wifi area, inasmuch as it's an internet phone.

That is correct, you need an internet connection. If you have an internet connection at home you can plug a regular phone into the MJ and it will ring. Also you get a dial tone and dial from your phone if you want.

And the MJ Plus, which is the newer version at $60 US you don't need a computer for it to work. You plug it into your router. But you always need an internet connection.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
You don't need a phone for the MJ plug into the computer; I use it with a headset and it rings like a phone both on the computer and on the headset. I can dial out using the keyboard and/or the dialpad on the MJ.

It uses less bandwidth than Skype so the quality of the call is much better.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Yes you can use it like Skype, but really it is nice to pick up a real phone and talk instead of putting on a headset. Try it Drro.