They call it "intercambio de disparos"

donP

Dec 14, 2008
[video=youtube;awhyg4oAZew]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awhyg4oAZew[/video]

donP

Mar 1, 2009
Some would call it justice has been served. I don't agree with it, the family of the victim aren't shedding any tears for the execution of this criminal however who would probably kill and steal for less than 5000 pesos.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Some would call it justice has been served. I don't agree with it, the family of the victim aren't shedding any tears for the execution of this criminal however who would probably kill and steal for less than 5000 pesos.
You know, or you assume?

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Three prisoners were found hiding in a field and shot execution style by the police.These prisoners
were not armed and yet one of the police officers lies and says they were armed and shooting at them,
which prompted the police to shoot them.Of course this was said to justify their actions.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
but it was intercambio de disparos! first one cop shot at them and then another one.

JohnnyBoy

Bronze
Jun 17, 2012
Its a double edged sword. If one of these guys robbed and killed someone it is good. If he was your relative and locked up for a minor crime then it is bad.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
It's NEVER good...That's what the justice system is for. Yeah it may suck, but this is what we voted and subscribed to. This is why the people don't trust the police and how can you when they do stuff like this. Would you trust the cops to stop you at a police checkpoint in the middle of the night? What if the guy that stopped you was in a "shooting mood" that particular day? What if he thought you looked at him funny...or maybe he just didn't like your accent? They know they can get away with it. All they have to say is you pulled your gun and you got killed in an "intercambio de disparos".

Fact is Dominican police are a bunch of uneducated thugs with guns that nobody respects. Look at what they did to that poor kid at the University.
images

Look at what they did to that poor teacher in Barahona.

timthumb.php

Look at what they did to that poor kid in Cotui...and I could go on and on...
huelga+1.jpg

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Nothing to see here in my opinion, even in the USA shooting escaped prisoners is legal.
Escaped Hudson County prisoner is fatally shot by authorities in East Orange | NJ.com

did you comment without watching the video? the guy appeared to be unarmed and he was essentially executed from close to point blank range... then the spokesperson said he was killed in an exchange of gunfire. and, if you read the article you linked to, it indicates an officer in nj may fire at a prisoner when there is a chance he may escape. this guy could have been apprehended alive.

Trainman33

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
So the killings were a setup by a crime boss and some dirty cops that know her? Nothing that ends up on TV in the DR is ever as it seems it looks like.

JohnnyBoy

Bronze
Jun 17, 2012
did you comment without watching the video? the guy appeared to be unarmed and he was essentially executed from close to point blank range... then the spokesperson said he was killed in an exchange of gunfire. and, if you read the article you linked to, it indicates an officer in nj may fire at a prisoner when there is a chance he may escape. this guy could have been apprehended alive.

They were wearing Body Armor. While in itself that is not considered armed if they could get that I would be willing to bet they had guns also. That one shot kinda did look like an execution to me, but I didnt see if the guy had a weapon or if he had fired already so its mostly conjecture.
If those guys were only trying to escape why wear the Armor? Slows you down a bit while running.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
They were wearing Body Armor. While in itself that is not considered armed if they could get that I would be willing to bet they had guns also. That one shot kinda did look like an execution to me, but I didnt see if the guy had a weapon or if he had fired already so its mostly conjecture.
If those guys were only trying to escape why wear the Armor? Slows you down a bit while running.

Nuria suggests in the news item that they put them on the vest, to make it look justified. DonP 's update kind of confirms this....what a country....