Cheapest And Quietest Hotel - Walking Distance From Sosua Beach

LeeStetson

Jan 11, 2012
I would like to find one. I need it quiet to get a good sleep, and I need it not too expensive like under $29 per night. I am tired of staying in Puerto Plata and catching the cheap taxi crammed with people. I would rather stay in walking distance of the beach.... even if the walk takes time but not a long time.

Thanks brothers and sisters for your kind help, Lee

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
not sure about the [ricing, but i suspect hotel Tropix may be the place for you. It is located behind the police station on the road up to Amet...but only a short distance up. Quiet and hooker-free and a short walk to the beach

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Rocky's should be good for your needs. You can PM Dafishguy for the current price.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
not sure about the [ricing, but i suspect hotel Tropix may be the place for you. It is located behind the police station on the road up to Amet...but only a short distance up. Quiet and hooker-free and a short walk to the beach

Tropix is quiet, very simple, but clean, with a small pool. Only downside is that they do not serve breakfast, but you are welcome to use their kitchen to make your own.

BelgianK

Combo

Mar 29, 2011
i believe rocky's is 27 bucks a night or so? a friend stayed there last month...
here is a website:
Clean, Secure Accommodations at Reasonable Prices

How far is Tropix from the beach? I'm not familiar with that area of Sosua. I don't think of Rocky's as being
that close (though I guess nothing in Sosua is terribly far away from the beach). When I think of being close to the beach, I think of the old Sosua Bay, Casa Marina, Piergiorgio, and Casa Cayena. Of course, those are all more than $27/night.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I have been by the restaurant on foot. As I look at the hotel rooms they look like they may be in a different location than the restaurant?

They are in the back of the restaurant. You can see them if you walk to the back dining room.

LeeStetson

Jan 11, 2012
They are in the back of the restaurant. You can see them if you walk to the back dining room.

I like to go to bed ( with my stuffed teddy bear :laugh: ) around 10:00 P.M.. How long into the night does the noise last? What time do you think a person will be able to get to sleep because the noise subsides to a sleeping level?

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
try the Del Delfin, across from the Super. i remember them being 30 or so a night. 5 minute walk to the beach. the only drawback is that is on the main highway so you will here moto noise at least 18 hours a day. get a room in the back and it will be a little less noise. 809-571-2124.
use to be my favorite cheap hotel until Harold the canadian gave up the management and Juan his dominican helper also left.

Salsafan

Bronze
Aug 17, 2011
You could take a look at Perla de Sosua. About 40US$, but close to everything (just behind Banco Popular), absolut quit 24h, apartment wirth bedroom, livingroom, kitchenet, terazza.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
the answer is which hotel he can bargain the price down to. i know del delfin has 25 buck no a/c rooms.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i really think nothing can beat rocky's. good location, cheap like hell and the food is super great.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
del delfin had the kitchenette for cooking and the super is right across the street. that was the draw for me. nothing like a dominican dinner every evening. *wink*