Shipping Internet Orders - How?

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
How do I go about shipping internet orders to the DR? Due to the embargo on cardboard boxes as checked luggage I need to ship a few items to Santo Domingo. Can I order the items from Amazon and have them delivered to a shipping company and then have them forwarded to the DR? If so, what company?

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
Lots of choices. I live near Bonao, so I use transexpress.com. They give you a miami address and then send them to the vimenca office. First pound is $12.00. There is also EPS. I think they are all pretty reliable.

james

Jan 14, 2002
Mail Boxes Etc. (a UPS franchise in Santiago and Santo Domingo & 8 other locations in DR) Very efficient. You get your own Miami address where your purchase is forwarded from Amazon or any place you purchase. It is here in a matter of days...depending on time your place of purchase send to Florida. They notify you by email on receipt. Been using them for several years. Even had 24inch flat screen monitors sent...Viewsonic under $188. at Amazon. Check online for closest franchise location. MBE - Mail Boxes Etc. Rep?blica Dominicana - Sobre Nosotros

Feb 7, 2007
Pick n Send www.picknsend.com
Aeropaq Bienvenido a Aeropaq, Mi Courier - Trae tus Compras por Internet
CPS www.cps.com.do
EPS EPS • Express Parcel Service, Int
Vimenpaq www.vimenpaq.com.do
Blue Couriers Bluecourier Express
BM Cargo Business Mail & Cargo
MBE MBE - Compras por Internet, Env?os, Impresi?n, Etc.
Domex domex
Liberty Express Compra en USA y recibe en la comodidad de tu casa | LibertyExpress.com

There are over 35+ companies that do delivery into the DR, of them 27 are members of teh Dominican Association of Courier Companies (ASODEC).

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I know one person posted they have not had great luck with Encargopaq after Lindsey recommended them, but i find them the least expensive and that includes delivery to your door if you live in an area they service. No cost to set up and account. I used Transexpress before and liked them but you have to go to the office to pick up your packages.

ENCARGO PAQ

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
I will post in a week or so my results. Ordered from Amazon and shipped to Vimenpaq in Miami, FL. This was just too easy, somethings got to go wrong. LOL

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
I will post in a week or so my results. Ordered from Amazon and shipped to Vimenpaq in Miami, FL. This was just too easy, somethings got to go wrong. LOL

It is super easy and works fins. Have both EncargoPaq and EPS. EPS a little bit more expensive, but great tracking information. EncargoPaq, cheaper, especially on small packages.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
for the bigger items - use a mudanza.

I use Awilda, my shipment arrived today - 3 weeks after shipping, always like clockwork even after sailing thru Sandy.
I got out AHEAD of Sandy, that might screw things up a bit

D.Rep

Jan 6, 2011
If you are using Vimenpaq you need to pick up the items as well in the office of Aduanas DGA or how will it be delivered?
Thank you.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Vimenpaq has offices all over the country, they deal with customs for you. You'll pick up directly at their offices.

If you are using Vimenpaq you need to pick up the items as well in the office of Aduanas DGA or how will it be delivered?
Thank you.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
for the bigger items - use a mudanza.

I use Awilda, my shipment arrived today - 3 weeks after shipping, always like clockwork even after sailing thru Sandy.
I got out AHEAD of Sandy, that might screw things up a bit

I recently got quotes from Awilda, Montero, and EncargoPaq to import a generator. I expected Awilda or Montero to win, but EncargoPaq provided the best quote and delivered it. And we are talking about a 400 lb item.

Same story with getting quotes on importing solar panels. EncargoPaq had the better pricing. Ringo is in the middle of that process right now with EncargoPaq, but hurricane Sandy put a few delays into the panels being shipped to Miami (which is out of EncargoPaq's control).