Indian Restaurant(s) in SD?

donP

Dec 14, 2008
In my search I only found CHATNY, but it seems to be more of a club.
Many years ago there was a "Taj Mahal", but that seems to have gone out of business, has it not?

Any other suggestions where Indian food is served?

donP

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Many years ago there was a "Taj Mahal", but that seems to have gone out of business, has it not?

donP
there are only 3 indian chefs left in this country and all of them live in santo domingo. they are: "me, myself and I".
hahaha, if you are nice to me, I may invite you to my home for some serious indian cooking.
AZB

jonytuga

Oct 16, 2012
Indian food is one of my favorites, and it's a pity if there is no restaurants in the dominican republic,whenever i can i lunch at an indian restaurant (biryani rice-बिरयानी चावल),just love it:lick:

Last edited:

LivingHappy

Dec 13, 2011
there are only 3 indian chefs left in this country and all of them live in santo domingo. they are: "me, myself and I".
hahaha, if you are nice to me, I may invite you to my home for some serious indian cooking.
AZB

I can be nice. Do I qualify for tasting your creations? hahahah
Love Indian food and in fact, it is what I cook on a daily basis. Would love to taste someone else's creations. I bet we could get a group together for a potluck.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I can be nice. Do I qualify for tasting your creations? hahahah
Love Indian food and in fact, it is what I cook on a daily basis. Would love to taste someone else's creations. I bet we could get a group together for a potluck.

its easy to get people to come over to your house and eat your indian food. The problem is: while everyone is sitting, looking good, drinking and chatting, I am the one who is sweating, cooking, serving and cleaning. When they invite me to their house or BBQ, they put me to work there as well. So you see where I am coming from? just now in my clinic, they have invited me to come for a party in some country club in santo domingo. its a christmas party (in advance) for all the clinic employees. the owner proudly told me that I am invited to come and work on the bbq grill for all of us. Hahahaha. No thanks.
AZB

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
Dress code for Indian potluck: Only long-sleeved shirts and Sansabelt pants allowed at AZB's place.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Dress code for Indian potluck: Only long-sleeved shirts and Sansabelt pants allowed at AZB's place.

I had the pleasure of staying in AZB's house for a night. He actually picked me up at the airport.

Luckily, I changed my short shorts in the bathroom of the airport b 4 stepping outside. I do not know if AZB would have let me in the car. hahahahahahaha

LivingHappy

Dec 13, 2011
If I promise to do the dishes and wear my shalwar kameez and bring an interesting dish to share..... ???

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002

donP
Chatny is a restaurant, although they describe themselves as a "club de comida" whatever that means. You have to contact them in advance to reserve a table.
Vive la? Gastronom?a de la India Experience Indian ?cuisine
809-299-7918
809-854-9112
reservations@chatny.do
info@chatny.do

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Murgh Palak

Chatny is a restaurant, although they describe themselves as a "club de comida" whatever that means. You have to contact them in advance to reserve a table.
Vive la* Gastronom?a de la India Experience Indian ?cuisine
809-299-7918
809-854-9112
reservations@chatny.do
info@chatny.do

Thank you, Chiri.
I had checked out their website and realized it is not what we wanted for a family lunch this Friday.

But all right, I'll settle for a Pakistani restaurant then.... :rolleyes:

How about those?

donP

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002

you forgot, make sure you are accompanied by a white dominicana from PUCMM university, good hair (straight) who brings her cute cousin for me.
:)
AZB

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Ok, give me time, I may send a few of invitations to some dr1er who are good to me for an indian/pakistani dinner at my home. I am still bummed over 3 computers burnt from a power surge at my home.
AZB

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Three members of the "Masad" were seen laughing on the roof top of an apartment near yours after the "So Called" power surge.
I think that the "CIA" was also involved.
Be VERY careful "AZB" they are looking into "Sleeper Cells" world wide now.
If a Pakistani cooks Indian food, is that food Indian, or Pakistani??
Can you make pork roast Bombay" with shrimp please??????
Can I bring a "Food Taster?????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Three members of the "Masad" were seen laughing on the roof top of an apartment near yours after the "So Called" power surge.
I think that the "CIA" was also involved.
If a Pakistani cooks Indian food, is that food Indian, or Pakistani??
Can you make pork roast Bombay" with shrimp please??????
Can I bring a "Food Taster?????
you might have a point there. I did see 3 guys in a van high 5-ing and celebrating in front of a white van, looking at my apartment. when I went down to ask what the celebration is all about? they assured me they had nothing to do with burning my laptops, but they were there to witness the event. Oh, so I just walked away from them and thought nothing of it ever again. they did tell me they were art students from israel.
AZB

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002

yup you all should be very careful. I have heard the cia is looking into everyone who has eaten a shawarma in the last 30 days.
You could be associated with the sleeper cell.
AZB