Is there any update info for residency renew?

travel1000

Jan 31, 2007
any new update specially for expired residency. According new rule published in this forum, new application is needed, and consular processing oversee is needed.that is equivalent of processing two time for same application and also cost twice. I hope some miracle happen and old practice come back or at least waive the consular processing . any update info welcome.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
any new update specially for expired residency. According new rule published in this forum, new application is needed, and consular processing oversee is needed.that is equivalent of processing two time for same application and also cost twice. I hope some miracle happen and old practice come back or at least waive the consular processing . any update info welcome.

Even if someone with exactly the same situation as yours just recently had an easy time to pay late fees, and renew, that is no guarantee you will be so fortunate. This is the DR and every such transaction can be treated differently. As far as I know, I have seen nothing that changes the new laws aimed at Haitians that cause us this inconvenience.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
More than we need of that sort.

As far as I know, I have seen nothing that changes the new laws ...

The regulations were changed very recently for long time residents (16 years and over).

....aimed at Haitians that cause us this inconvenience.

The Haitians are blamed for many a negative thing / crime, etc.
However, the new residency law is not only geared at Haitians.

Unfortunately, this country has had an influx of criminals from all over the world and I welcome any move to keep those elements out and apprehend those in hiding and deport them.

donP

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The regulations were changed very recently for long time residents (16 years and over).

The Haitians are blamed for many a negative thing / crime, etc.
However, the new residency law is not only geared at Haitians.

Unfortunately, this country has had an influx of criminals from all over the world and I welcome any move to keep those elements out and apprehend those in hiding and deport them.

donP

Good news for those with 16 or more years here. Do you have a source for that news?

As for the Haitians being the source for most of the regulations, I will concede that this is 90% against the Haitians and 10% against other unsavory immigrants.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
A Whiner's Info

Good news for those with 16 or more years here. Do you have a source for that news?

Indeed, I have; it is a leaflet from 'migraci?n'.
I received it from a "whiner" and will send you a copy. :classic:

donP

Last edited:

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
It may seem like it's just being geared towards Haitians,because let's face it, the majority of
illegals are Haitians.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
It may seem like it's geared towards Haitians,but let's face it the majority of
illegals are Haitians.

I think you might be on to something.

So donP, they published a flier about people with 16 years of residency getting an easier deal, but did mention this in any of the news sources?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Unsavory characters....

Some posters always malign the lawyers, et al in this country...

We need to remember the number of disbarred lawyers and accountants residing in FLA...... huge population.
It used to lead all states in this category of dubious distinction.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Unsavory characters....

Some posters always malign the lawyers, et al in this country...

We need to remember the number of disbarred lawyers and accountants residing in FLA...... huge population.
It used to lead all states in this category of dubious distinction.

I don't see where anyone has maligned lawyers on this thread.

(unless there are some unsavory immigrant lawyers from Florida :confused:)

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Sorry, just a general comment that in many threads (no, not on this one yet) many posters caution about shifty lawyers - stealing money, not following through on promises, etc.

I suppose it was DonP talking about an influx of criminals (post #3) that got me thinking

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Special Note

So donP, they published a flier about people with 16 years of residency getting an easier deal, but did mention this in any of the news sources?

I am not certain, what you mean by 'news sources'.
But I do not know whether any of the newspapers carried that information (and why should they?).

It is a "NOTA" in bold letters which is part of an information sheet from DGM (on the requirements for the renewal of the so called "residencia permanente").

donP

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Done in an hour

16 years exception is good trend..

I made use of it yesterday, so I am good for another 4 years.
The waiting room was full.
It only took me about an hour (by special arrangement...). :bunny:

donP

Last edited:

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I made use of it yesterday, so I am good for another 4 years.
The waiting room was full.
It only took me about an hour (by special arrangement...). :bunny:

donP

donP, since I am well over the 16 year hurdle, I'm wondering what you were spared doing that someone with less years as a resident would be required to do.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
More Years, Fewer requirements

donP, since I am well over the 16 year hurdle, I'm wondering what you were spared doing that someone with less years as a resident would be required to do.

I did not have to undergo the medical examination nor supply a 'declaraci?n de solvencia', nor 'certificaci?n de no antecedentes penales' and some other minor requirements (photos, copies, etc.).
I can send you a link to a forum where you can see the full information.

donP

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
post the link here maybe?

i am personally grateful i did apply for my residency before august and got it sans problems despite loooong wait. a friend did her residency in september and spent a long time in capital running from one place to the other for her medical. she tells me that now urine sample has to be produced in the presence of a female nurse. come to think of that maybe this will encourage more men to do the residency... ;)

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I did not have to undergo the medical examination nor supply a 'declaraci?n de solvencia', nor 'certificaci?n de no antecedentes penales' and some other minor requirements (photos, copies, etc.).

donP

Thanks, donP, please send it.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com

donP

Please post the link here or PM the link so I can post it :)

Thanks!