Long Power Outage in POP

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Over the past couple of days I have spoken to Edenorte and they told me that there was a generator out of service and that they were working on transmission lines as well.

When generators are out of service they will greatly reduce the power to lower priority circuits such as class D and class C circuits until the problem is resolved.

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
U r funny. Power went out yesterday at 11 AM, still out. Electric company said it should be back this after noon. Yea and with a dollar you can get a cup of coffee.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
U r funny. Power went out yesterday at 11 AM, still out. Electric company said it should be back this after noon. Yea and with a dollar you can get a cup of coffee.

Wow. Sorry to hear, 27 plus hours. You have a generator I hope. Any reason given for the long outage?

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
No generator, but 4 Ceducomp batteries, on my last one. No reason given, looks like All of Terra Alts and Ceromar as I type.
Send more beer money.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
No generator, but 4 Ceducomp batteries, on my last one. No reason given, looks like All of Terra Alts and Ceromar as I type.
Send more beer money.

Any reason that they would give would most likely not be the real reason anyway.

If you don't get power soon and need a place to recharge batteries, including yours, our apt is empty and available. No problem for us; just let me know.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
WOW thanks for your for very nice offer ringo. Think we'll be ok, its kinda like camping in your home.

LOL. Kinda depends on who you are camping with, how many, ages, and how the showers work... or don't.

No... not a nice offer. Just the right thing to do.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
my in laws in torre alta still without power. myself in costambar without internet. all is as usual. :)

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
my in laws in torre alta still without power. myself in costambar without internet. all is as usual. :)

So you have power but no internet but you can send this. Sorry... I'm a little confused. This is the norm for Costambar?

Anyway... I guess that you are taking care of you in laws and all is well since you have power?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
my in laws have an inversor. everything is off apart from necessities. they can come and stay here any time if they want.

and i have internet in my phone :)

oldschool

Oct 9, 2004
Where in torre alta is the power out I've had power all day .

Are you on the Playa Dorada Power plant circuit ?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
my in laws are with puerto plata electricidad. apparently there was some serious problem with the lines...

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
So how is the power situation this morning?

Our's was out this AM but since we are mainly solar/battery I didn't know it was out until we used the microwave that kicked in the generator; batteries low. Power came on at around 6:15.

I guess if we don't hear from The Virginian then it is not too good and his last battery is dead.

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
I hear from someone who is affected that Puerto Plata electricidad has failed to pay Edenorte for the lease of the main overhead and distribution lines and Edenorte has cut them off untill the lease money is paid. Ceros Alta, Torre alta and any areas the are fed by Puerto plata electricidad over Edenorte lines are likely to be affected for some time.

Hope it gets sorted out soon.

Olly and the team

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Send more beer money.

I got a nice pm note from The Virginian this morning, thank you.

He wrote; Power came on last evening for awhile then off again during the night. He says that it appears some areas have some power and others don't and that it looked like it would be another day camping. He has no idea what the problem is.

I gotta admire his "up" attitude. :)

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
WOW POWER IS ON. YAHOOOOOOO, I feel normal again. Not sure when it came on, was able to charge all batteries and clean the pool. Nice, life is good. Hope everyone else is well. If not come by and charge up. Phil

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
WOW POWER IS ON. YAHOOOOOOO, I feel normal again. Not sure when it came on, was able to charge all batteries and clean the pool. Nice, life is good. Hope everyone else is well. If not come by and charge up. Phil

Nice to hear from you and that you are running around like a... getting things done with ur new found energy.... and electric too. lol

(I told you this guy is an "up" attitude person.)