Feta Cheese

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
Hey, Does anyone know if Playero has feta cheese? I want to make a Greek salad and need some and Janets in Cabarete don't have any.
Thx
If not, does La Sirena have it in PP?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
If you don't find it in Playero go to the small supermarket where they make the cheese heading towards Cabarate. They usually have Feta.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Hey, Does anyone know if Playero has feta cheese? I want to make a Greek salad and need some and Janets in Cabarete don't have any.
Thx
If not, does La Sirena have it in PP?
(Playero) Ask for it at the meat counter. Decent stuff when the have it.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
ha ha ha, have faith!

although i admit to me a complete loser never checking best before date... :(

May 20, 2012
We've gotten Feta at the Playero. It's been great.
Agreed!! It's fairly mild but not boring.....and a bit creamier so less crumbly....very nice in a salad. I believe it is local. Located (with the other cheeses) in a large container behind the glass. Just tell the clerk how much you want. Bonus is it's also inexpensive.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
The feta at the deli counter in the tubs at Playero is quite good and we use it frequently for the best greek salad.

Bob K

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
So I go to Playero today to get me some feta cheese....and I ask the guy behind the counter if they had any....he points to the sign and a container of fresh "Feta, Sheep cheese".... ok, I buy some for my Greek salad......there is a plus and a minus for this cheese......the minus is that its way too soft to be good for a Greek salad, but the plus is that this dam cheese is so dam good I almost didn't have any for the salad.....anyway, I put it in the freezer to toughen it up and it worked out.....
So the end of the story is that this is some great cheese, and I will buy it again, maybe not for a salad, but to enjoy it on a cracker with some wine......Its awesome is all I can say

could be the wine talkin now.......LOL......dam thats good stuff

May 20, 2012
So I go to Playero today to get me some feta cheese....and I ask the guy behind the counter if they had any....he points to the sign and a container of fresh "Feta, Sheep cheese".... ok, I buy some for my Greek salad......there is a plus and a minus for this cheese......the minus is that its way too soft to be good for a Greek salad, but the plus is that this dam cheese is so dam good I almost didn't have any for the salad.....anyway, I put it in the freezer to toughen it up and it worked out.....
So the end of the story is that this is some great cheese, and I will buy it again, maybe not for a salad, but to enjoy it on a cracker with some wine......Its awesome is all I can say

could be the wine talkin now.......LOL......dam thats good stuff
I think it works and tastes well in a salad. Just not so crumbly.
Please let us know what happens when you freeze it though.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Dominican white cheese queso crema (not cream cheese) is a reasonable substitute for feta. It's much blander but the texture is right. I actually prefer it.

I wish they would sell haloumi here, and paneer. I have to make do with queso de freir.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
I don't like the Dominican queso crema,it's too bland for my taste.

Last edited:

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
For a Dominican rather than Greek touch, try it with an oregano or thyme vinaigrette dressing on the salad.