Medical exam for permanent residency renewal?

Alltimegreat

Nov 16, 2012
About my situation: My permanent residency permit is set to expire in a few months. I've read that I will need to do another medical exam to renew my permanent residency permit and cedula (due to the new laws as of June 1). I live in Europe primarily so it's important for me to time my visits to Santo Domingo optimally.

I fear that I won't be able to take care of the renewal in one or two days in Santo Domingo now because it will probably take several weeks or months for the results of the medical exam to be processed.

So if I come to Santo Domingo a few weeks before my permanent residency permit expires to do the medical test, I would probably have to come back another time to obtain the new permit card and cedula.

I'm wondering how much time I would have to come back to get the cards once the medical results are in. Could I come back around 3 months later? I assume in this case I would have to pay late fees up until the date that I actually obtain the new permit card and cedula.

Does anyone out there have any experience on this matter or any information about it? I would really appreciate it. Thank you!

donP

Dec 14, 2008
More or less 10 days

I fear that I won't be able to take care of the renewal in one or two days in Santo Domingo now because it will probably take several weeks or months for the results of the medical exam to be processed.

It all depends since when you have had your "Permisos Residencia".
[The term "permanent" is only used in the regulations but not on the 'tarjetas' since 1995(?).]

If since 1996, no medical is required.
The result of a medical exam is given after "approx. ten working days".

donP

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
The cheapest way would be just to hire a lawyer so he can pick up your new card when ready .I had all my medicals for my residency visa which I had to obtain in SD , you cannot get them in the southern hemisphere and I had them done at a private hospital and it was 2 days ...Then when I had my medical for my residency card ..I gave specimens of my blood and urine in the office of the immigration ,,,the door must be always openand then I had to go to an office in Ave Independencia near Maximo Gomex for the Xrays ,,,they told me that the Immigration office would have them within 10 days ,,,most xray places can give them to you in 2 hours at most ,,,and then the office of immigration would take about 5 to 6 weeks to issue the card