cost of ac inverter type

lisagauss

Bronze
Feb 16, 2011
Has anyone recently seen the prices for air conditioning inverter bajo consumo type? My friend tells me the RF has increased the prices of certain home products like AC and ceiling fans by 28%. Can someone here share recent prices for each? Im talking about santiago btw ... Cheers.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Has anyone recently seen the prices for air conditioning inverter bajo consumo type? My friend tells me the RF has increased the prices of certain home products like AC and ceiling fans by 28%. Can someone here share recent prices for each? Im talking about santiago btw ... Cheers.

What's the question?

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Maybe a new Dominican tax on luxuries like Ac's?

Dafishguy

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
We just bought two new 12,000 BTU units for Rocky's at $32,900 pesos each. Let me tell you, our power bill has really gone down. We also bought an 18,000 BTU unit for our house at $42,000 pesos. We ran it almost every day since May for 8 hours a night and I have used it extensively during the afternoon for a couple hours during my nap and our power bill only went up $1,500 pesos a month. These are incredible units that work well and cost little to operate. They are worth their price as they will pay for themselves very quickly with much lower electric bills.

Not sure if they make a 9,000 BTU unit. I was told 24, 18 and 12 only but I could be wrong.

Take care,

Rick

lisagauss

Bronze
Feb 16, 2011
We just bought two new 12,000 BTU units for Rocky's at $32,900 pesos each. Let me tell you, our power bill has really gone down. We also bought an 18,000 BTU unit for our house at $42,000 pesos. We ran it almost every day since May for 8 hours a night and I have used it extensively during the afternoon for a couple hours during my nap and our power bill only went up $1,500 pesos a month. These are incredible units that work well and cost little to operate. They are worth their price as they will pay for themselves very quickly with much lower electric bills.

Not sure if they make a 9,000 BTU unit. I was told 24, 18 and 12 only but I could be wrong.

Take care,

Rick

Thanks. Is that store in Santiago? Did those costs you posted include installation?

Dafishguy

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
Thanks. Is that store in Santiago? Did those costs you posted include installation?

Not a problem at all. I want to share the wealth or the lower electric bills. Actually no. I dealt with a local Sosua distributor and yes, that included installation and electrical. PM me if you want the contact info. I'd be pleased to give it to you.

I also wanted to say that the two 12,000 BTU units replaced two 5,300 BTU window units. We are saving a whole lot of money on electric using bigger units that cool better for less money. It doesn't get any better than that unless of course the units were free and so was the electric. I'm a very happy camper.

Take care,

Rick

lisagauss

Bronze
Feb 16, 2011
Not a problem at all. I want to share the wealth or the lower electric bills. Actually no. I dealt with a local Sosua distributor and yes, that included installation and electrical. PM me if you want the contact info. I'd be pleased to give it to you.

I also wanted to say that the two 12,000 BTU units replaced two 5,300 BTU window units. We are saving a whole lot of money on electric using bigger units that cool better for less money. It doesn't get any better than that unless of course the units were free and so was the electric. I'm a very happy camper.

Take care,

Rick
Would you be able to share the brand the AC are? Thanks for your feedback.