Dealer Financing

turksman

Mar 14, 2005
Hi Guys. Do dealers offer in-house financing on vehicles?
And what if you can pay half down in cash?
Being new to the country and having no established credit is this something that they still can offer?

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Most dealers here make their $$$ by financing...at 2.5-3% per month.

turksman

Mar 14, 2005
Most dealers here make their $$$ by financing...at 2.5-3% per month.

Wow good to know. But is there anything other than the downpayment and my ID (passport) I have to produce? And will I be able to take the vehicle an use it while I make the payments?

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2007
You will need a (Dominican) guarantor, or at last two reputable Dominican references. You may also be required to produce your real estate lease contract, or if you own, a copy of the title (that's so they know immediately where to go film next episode of Operacion Repo). JK :)

turksman

Mar 14, 2005
You will need a (Dominican) guarantor, or at last two reputable Dominican references. You may also be required to produce your real estate lease contract, or if you own, a copy of the title (that's so they know immediately where to go film next episode of Operacion Repo). JK :)

Would you still need a guarantor and all the other things if to finance was 35000us and you were going to pay it in 5 installments?

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
Would you still need a guarantor and all the other things if to finance was 35000us and you were going to pay it in 5 installments?

I would rent a car for the 5 months, the interest alone will pay for it.