Dog Poisoning

BostonMary

May 18, 2002
I know there have on this subject but I had to post. Last week I was leaving the beach in Costambar and was shocked to see a dog dying of poisoning by the side of the road. The next day I was told there were 3 dogs poisoned that day in the same area. A Dominican friend said that there were some gringos who didn't like the barking so he assumed they did it. I don't know how someone could do that. I don't think they would in their country. I always assumed any poisoning wouldn't be done by Dominicans because they wouldn't spend the money, however I was told that wasn't true. A friend from the barrio says it happens there. I wouldn't think it happens in other countries. I was appalled!!

Dont believe everything you hear. "Blame the wealthy evil Gringos", Maybe the local nightactive thiefs where tired of waking up the dogs during their nightshift, and they decided to do something about it.

December is coming, the month of greed and desperate thiefs, expect to see and hear more like this the next 40days +-

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Some people here seem to be deaf to the antisocial nuisance their constantly barking dogs make. I must admit that my neighbours and I have mentioned the possibility of poisoning one particularly infuriating barker, although being soft hearted gringos none of us would really do it.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Dont believe everything you hear. "Blame the wealthy evil Gringos", Maybe the local nightactive thiefs where tired of waking up the dogs during their nightshift, and they decided to do something about it.

December is coming, the month of greed and desperate thiefs, expect to see and hear more like this the next 40days +-[/QUOTE]

Bolding is mine. THIS is what you need to read. This is what you should be aware of. This is the time of year, happens EVERY year, that you watch what is going on around you when out and get your home security up 100%......... plus.

Right on point Rattus. Thanks for the reminder.

(Bin their and done that with the poisioned dogs and thugs waiting to enter.... not fun.)

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Barking and barking is two. My adult dogs will bark when there is some body at the gate or walking the road and so it should be. My young dogs are happy to join in but the problem with them is that they are to enthousiastic and they keep barking even when the 'threat' is long gone. That is for me the key to use an anti bark collar on them for a few months. They need to learn to bark only when there is a treat and not for their own pleasure. Makes living much easier when you have neighbors who are not so dog lovers.
I don't care what people have to say about me using an anti-bark collar for my dogs, for me its a very helpful tool to keep my dogs in tune and not having a bunch of out of control dogs who bark hours and hours for no reason at all.

Acira

CocoBoy

Feb 23, 2012
Some people here seem to be deaf to the antisocial nuisance their constantly barking dogs make. I must admit that my neighbours and I have mentioned the possibility of poisoning one particularly infuriating barker, although being soft hearted gringos none of us would really do it.

Those barking dogs may just be providing you with added security. Our neighbors have thought our barking dogs were a nuisance at times, until they realized our dogs were alerting on ladrones stealing their planta.

Dogs usually bark for a reason, not just to annoy neighbors who may be ignorant of that fact.

To me poisoning an animal is the most obnoxious and cowardly of acts.

ffritz

Feb 7, 2008
www.gymbar.blogspot.com
My German Shepherd was poisoned by my gringa neighbour. The watchman saw it, but he was an illegal Haitian so you know what happened when we mentioned the police!

The real problem stemmed from two inconsiderate neighbours who let their dogs run wild at 6.30 EVERY morning. Those dogs came to our gate & our Shepherd barked.

The poisoner & the two inconsiderate b*tches will get their rightful desserts in their next lives ...

This happened in Costambar.

BostonMary

May 18, 2002
My German Shepherd was poisoned by my gringa neighbour. The watchman saw it, but he was an illegal Haitian so you know what happened when we mentioned the police!

The real problem stemmed from two inconsiderate neighbours who let their dogs run wild at 6.30 EVERY morning. Those dogs came to our gate & our Shepherd barked.

The poisoner & the two inconsiderate b*tches will get their rightful desserts in their next lives ...

This happened in Costambar.
I just can't believe that people will poison dogs for barking. Would they do this is n their home country. I just wonder what knd of people they are.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The "Haitian Did It!!!"
Now you must keep him!
He just used the "Gringo" as a ruse!
We "Gringos" might kill someone, but not their dog!
I live in an "All Dominican" neighborhood.
We ALL have barking dogs.
Dogs Bark!
THAT's what dogs do!!!
Blame their owners, not the dogs!!!!!
I HAD six, two of my chiguagua puppies were poisoned last month!
Dominicans poison each other,(Tres Pasos, El Plomero) are the "veneno" of choice!
"Offing" a dog wouldn't give them a second thought!
Beware December and into January!!!!!!!!
Not only are the "Locals" looking to steal, but the "Expat" Dominicans are coming for christmas.
They also will be targets, they bring "DOLLARS".
The Dominican Jorks will be here as well.
They are "Equal Opportunity Thieves"!!!
Nationality means "Nada" to them!!!!
Like all "Street Smart" Dominicans, we NEVER leave our house without an adult male inside!
"Armed"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

CocoBoy

Feb 23, 2012
The "Haitian Did It!!!"
Now you must keep him!
He just used the "Gringo" as a ruse!
We "Gringos" might kill someone, but not their dog!
I live in an "All Dominican" neighborhood.
We ALL have barking dogs.
Dogs Bark!
THAT's what dogs do!!!
Blame their owners, not the dogs!!!!!
I HAD six, two of my chiguagua puppies were poisoned last month!
Dominicans poison each other,(Tres Pasos, El Plomero) are the "veneno" of choice!
"Offing" a dog wouldn't give them a second thought!
Beware December and into January!!!!!!!!
Not only are the "Locals" looking to steal, but the "Expat" Dominicans are coming for christmas.
They also will be targets, they bring "DOLLARS".
The Dominican Jorks will be here as well.
They are "Equal Opportunity Thieves"!!!
Nationality means "Nada" to them!!!!
Like all "Street Smart" Dominicans, we NEVER leave our house without an adult male inside!
"Armed"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

When our dogs bark/ alert I take it seriously any time of the day. They are so much more capable of sensing a potential treat than any human.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Some one here on DR1 once said that he uses "Little Dogs", like chiguaguas, to "alert" the "BIG DOGS" who tend to be less alert than their "Yappy" little brothers.
I found that to be VERY TRUE!!!
When I first moved to the DR 17 years ago, before I got to know, "How Things Work,or I mean "Don't Work" here, I had a "Waciman".
Useless!
He could sleep through ANYTHING,and EVERYTHING, and DID!
I tried several more,"Wacis", "Same $hit Different "Waci"!
AND, they are the ones you need to be WATCHING!
They know your routine, and what you GOT!!!
"Dogs Rule!"
The more you have, the safer you are, and you can get even with your neighbors for their barking dogs at the same time!!:):):)
My kids, and I, love them! (The Dogs, NOT THE NEIGHBORS! Except for the "General"!)
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Feb 15, 2005
wow that's great! I agree with you Bro, a good guard dog is a thief's nightmare. We took in a starving stray pitbull mix that my son found at college. He nursed it back to health and brought her home for summer vacation. She stayed with us until we had to put her down this year due to health. But she marked our home like her territory and NOONE or animal was able to close to our doors. She would sniff/hear out another dog where we couldn't and people would rather avoid our front door altogether. She protected us dearly for saving her, she was the best guard dog ever.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
I have since six months a chi in house, straight from the boom docks, a real Dominican Chi. I am not going to show a pic of him because he does the undercover work in my house. Meaning he will go down if he hears ANYTHING, check and then rush up again and starts to bark if he feels its needed (hasn't been wrong once!) which alert the whole gang and sets the big ones in position to attack if necessary. He doesn't mix into any further, his job is done. I had already very alert dogs but this little one is the cherry on the cake for securing your home. These little dogs are really something! Respect!

Acira

Jenny429

Oct 10, 2005
My poor kitty was poisoned and my baby chihuahua.. My cat didn't survive, but we caught my chihuahua immediately.. she was foaming at the mouth and shaking uncontrollably.. My trajabadora was like.. HURRY GET HER DIRT.. I have never heard such aa thing but they were soving dirt down the dogs throat.. I gave the dog, MMS , and no idea WHAT saved the dog, but she is alive today, thank god! They say it's like a sport here.. See how many they can kill.. well it was in the Campo they said it was a sport.. very sad..

porkman100

Gold
Apr 11, 2010
Poisoning dogs (or people) is a very a very common occurrence in D.R. I keep my little dogs inside, they still bark when some one is around or get clues from his camaradas (next door dogs)
A dog that has a natural dislike of strangers (forget all you learned with dog wisperer) is much easer to train not to eat from strangers.

paintedlbird7

Mar 8, 2012
that breaks my heart too dogs and cats poisoned, abandoned, and left roaming aimlessly in the streets. I saw this before in another Latin country (not at the DR. At the DR I just saw strays & the neighbor's very good guard dog, Milo & very cute black Chihuahua baby puppy named Ceci). At another country, saw a street dog lying dead on the sidewalk. Some person passing by said that it was poisoned.. Broke my heart to see a beautiful Dalmasion dog with tears in his ears & skin deteriorating because of starvation. I was at the mercado so I gave him some warm tortillas to eat. He was ok now at that moment but what about later?

P.S. It's Chihuahuas, CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC, not Chiguaguas

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Nobody minds dogs that bark when there is the threat of a possible intruder. It's the dogs that bark for hours on end for no reason that dirve some people to drastic action.