Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dog Poisoning

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Dog Poisoning

I know there have on this subject but I had to post. Last week I was leaving the beach in Costambar and was shocked to see a dog dying of poisoning by the side of the road. The next day I was told there were 3 dogs poisoned that day in the same area. A Dominican friend said that there were some gringos who didn't like the barking so he assumed they did it. I don't know how someone could do that. I don't think they would in their country. I always assumed any poisoning wouldn't be done by Dominicans because they wouldn't spend the money, however I was told that wasn't true. A friend from the barrio says it happens there. I wouldn't think it happens in other countries. I was appalled!!

2. Likes The Exterminator liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Dont believe everything you hear. "Blame the wealthy evil Gringos", Maybe the local nightactive thiefs where tired of waking up the dogs during their nightshift, and they decided to do something about it.

December is coming, the month of greed and desperate thiefs, expect to see and hear more like this the next 40days +-

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Some people here seem to be deaf to the antisocial nuisance their constantly barking dogs make. I must admit that my neighbours and I have mentioned the possibility of poisoning one particularly infuriating barker, although being soft hearted gringos none of us would really do it.

5. Likes kampinge liked this post
    On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Rattus_Rattus;1165340]Dont believe everything you hear. "Blame the wealthy evil Gringos", Maybe the local nightactive thiefs where tired of waking up the dogs during their nightshift, and they decided to do something about it.

December is coming, the month of greed and desperate thiefs, expect to see and hear more like this the next 40days +-[/QUOTE]

Bolding is mine. THIS is what you need to read. This is what you should be aware of. This is the time of year, happens EVERY year, that you watch what is going on around you when out and get your home security up 100%......... plus.

Right on point Rattus. Thanks for the reminder.

(Bin their and done that with the poisioned dogs and thugs waiting to enter.... not fun.)

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Barking and barking is two. My adult dogs will bark when there is some body at the gate or walking the road and so it should be. My young dogs are happy to join in but the problem with them is that they are to enthousiastic and they keep barking even when the 'threat' is long gone. That is for me the key to use an anti bark collar on them for a few months. They need to learn to bark only when there is a treat and not for their own pleasure. Makes living much easier when you have neighbors who are not so dog lovers.
    I don't care what people have to say about me using an anti-bark collar for my dogs, for me its a very helpful tool to keep my dogs in tune and not having a bunch of out of control dogs who bark hours and hours for no reason at all.

Acira

8. Likes wuarhat, Harleysrock liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drstock View Post
    Some people here seem to be deaf to the antisocial nuisance their constantly barking dogs make. I must admit that my neighbours and I have mentioned the possibility of poisoning one particularly infuriating barker, although being soft hearted gringos none of us would really do it.
    Those barking dogs may just be providing you with added security. Our neighbors have thought our barking dogs were a nuisance at times, until they realized our dogs were alerting on ladrones stealing their planta.

Dogs usually bark for a reason, not just to annoy neighbors who may be ignorant of that fact.

To me poisoning an animal is the most obnoxious and cowardly of acts.

10. Likes Acira, nsgirl, sabra, Criss Colon, beeza and 3 others liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

My German Shepherd was poisoned by my gringa neighbour. The watchman saw it, but he was an illegal Haitian so you know what happened when we mentioned the police!

The real problem stemmed from two inconsiderate neighbours who let their dogs run wild at 6.30 EVERY morning. Those dogs came to our gate & our Shepherd barked.

The poisoner & the two inconsiderate b*tches will get their rightful desserts in their next lives ...

This happened in Costambar.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ffritz View Post
    My German Shepherd was poisoned by my gringa neighbour. The watchman saw it, but he was an illegal Haitian so you know what happened when we mentioned the police!

The real problem stemmed from two inconsiderate neighbours who let their dogs run wild at 6.30 EVERY morning. Those dogs came to our gate & our Shepherd barked.

The poisoner & the two inconsiderate b*tches will get their rightful desserts in their next lives ...

This happened in Costambar.
    I just can't believe that people will poison dogs for barking. Would they do this is n their home country. I just wonder what knd of people they are.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

The "Haitian Did It!!!"
    Now you must keep him!
    He just used the "Gringo" as a ruse!
    We "Gringos" might kill someone, but not their dog!
    I live in an "All Dominican" neighborhood.
    We ALL have barking dogs.
    Dogs Bark!
    THAT's what dogs do!!!
    Blame their owners, not the dogs!!!!!
    I HAD six, two of my chiguagua puppies were poisoned last month!
    Dominicans poison each other,(Tres Pasos, El Plomero) are the "veneno" of choice!
    "Offing" a dog wouldn't give them a second thought!
    Beware December and into January!!!!!!!!
    Not only are the "Locals" looking to steal, but the "Expat" Dominicans are coming for christmas.
    They also will be targets, they bring "DOLLARS".
    The Dominican Jorks will be here as well.
    They are "Equal Opportunity Thieves"!!!
    Nationality means "Nada" to them!!!!
    Like all "Street Smart" Dominicans, we NEVER leave our house without an adult male inside!
    "Armed"!
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

14. Likes CocoBoy, wuarhat, GinzaGringo liked this post
    Dislikes wuarhat disliked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Criss Colon View Post
    The "Haitian Did It!!!"
    Now you must keep him!
    He just used the "Gringo" as a ruse!
    We "Gringos" might kill someone, but not their dog!
    I live in an "All Dominican" neighborhood.
    We ALL have barking dogs.
    Dogs Bark!
    THAT's what dogs do!!!
    Blame their owners, not the dogs!!!!!
    I HAD six, two of my chiguagua puppies were poisoned last month!
    Dominicans poison each other,(Tres Pasos, El Plomero) are the "veneno" of choice!
    "Offing" a dog wouldn't give them a second thought!
    Beware December and into January!!!!!!!!
    Not only are the "Locals" looking to steal, but the "Expat" Dominicans are coming for christmas.
    They also will be targets, they bring "DOLLARS".
    The Dominican Jorks will be here as well.
    They are "Equal Opportunity Thieves"!!!
    Nationality means "Nada" to them!!!!
    Like all "Street Smart" Dominicans, we NEVER leave our house without an adult male inside!
    "Armed"!
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

When our dogs bark/ alert I take it seriously any time of the day. They are so much more capable of sensing a potential treat than any human.

16. Likes Criss Colon liked this post
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast