Claro's repair policy of 5 working days

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Haven't had much problem with my Claro land line/DSL connection.

Last week, I lost the dial tone and the ability to make or receive calls with it, but the DSL
has not failed. That means a circuit card in the central office has failed and that was confirmed by a Claro technician I spoke to making a repair locally for someone else. Nothing he could do, they have to swap out the card in the office.

So I made a report (using a cell phone). Codetel gives themselves 5 working days to fix such a problem, which I assume are Monday through Friday. I reported the problem on a Wednesday so they have until Wednesday to fix it.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
On several occasions we reported innerweb issues to Codetel and received the "5 day" policy.

Nopthing happened.

We'd call back only to find the case had been closed. Why? Not because the repair had been made. But because "we close everything after 5 days."

Stay on top of them.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Well, if the problem is indeed a circuit card in the central office, it is affecting hundreds of users, not just you, so I guess it will get fixed in much less than 5 days...

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
wow I must be pretty lucky. Whenever I've had a DSL/Internet issue it has been resolved the same day, each and every time.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Well, if the problem is indeed a circuit card in the central office, it is affecting hundreds of users, not just you, so I guess it will get fixed in much less than 5 days...

Nope. I hoped the same, but I am on day 3 now of working days and day 5 of calendar days.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
wow I must be pretty lucky. Whenever I've had a DSL/Internet issue it has been resolved the same day, each and every time.

DSL/Internet has always been resolved quickly and there have been few issues. This a dial tone/telephone issue.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Of course it was. Even if you do call them, it doesn't matter. They will fix it when they fix it.
Exactly.

You can complain all you want when all your neighbors have the same issues are you do. But they have to go through their diagnostics anyway before a "report" can be made.

Alida's nephew is a big shot Codetel engineer and finds the *real* answers if we press him. Often there is a larger problem that Codetel doesn't want to admit to.

They fix it when they fix it.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The first 5 working day report number expired without Claro fixing the problem. After it expired they gave me a new report number with a time limit to fix the problem of 2 working days. Tomorrow is the last day of that report number. A total of 11 calendar days have past without a repair. I did find out I am not alone with a couple of other people telling me they also have Internet but no dial tone in my area.

I wonder how long the duration will be of my next report number?

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
apparently they work on sunday as someone turned up yesterday to fix our new modem which you either have to pay full price for or sign a new contract and pay about 260 pesos

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
apparently they work on sunday as someone turned up yesterday to fix our new modem which you either have to pay full price for or sign a new contract and pay about 260 pesos

They might work on Sunday, but they do not call Saturday nor Sunday working days with respect to fixing a report number.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Why don't you take it up to Indotel?, Telcos are usually scared sh*t of Indotel, as they can force Claro to give you a credit for the downtime, and usually for a little longer than that. I did it once with Telecable, and Tricom had to give me 3 months free of charge for a recurring problem.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
16 days and still no dial tone - horrible service from Claro

My third report had a duration of 2 days working days. Now it has been 16 days since I have had a dial tone.

Yesterday a technician came to my house to verify where my line was connected and promised that the service technician would be at the central station in Cabarete to fix the problem on Friday November 30. Do I believe that?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
The only way to deal with Claro is not to deal with them at all. Find a technician in the street from Claro and tell him he gets x amount of pesos to fix your problem NOW. Once you get a tech from Claro that is good you take his cell number and call him when you have a problem. He knows he gets paid, and it is well worth whatever you give him to not wait in your house for 2 weeks for manana.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The only way to deal with Claro is not to deal with them at all. Find a technician in the street from Claro and tell him he gets x amount of pesos to fix your problem NOW. Once you get a tech from Claro that is good you take his cell number and call him when you have a problem. He knows he gets paid, and it is well worth whatever you give him to not wait in your house for 2 weeks for manana.

If the problem was with the actual line, your suggestions are good ones. However, the few times in 10 plus years I have had a problem with the physical line, it has been repaired very quickly.

My current problem (and others in my area) is not with a physical line, it is because there is a failure of a circuit card in the central office in Cabarte. That card needs to be replaced by the one and only one person that does that job.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Finally - Claro fixed the dial tone problem of November 14

Finally 16 days after it started, Claro fixed my lack of dial tone problem. Incredibly poor customer service.

I have to wait until the next "working day", Monday, to file a claim to get credit for the lost days of service.

So, beware. Claro is very unresponsive in the Cabarete area. But, I don't know of any other land line service available. I could go with a cable modem and cell phones in the future and might well do that if the cable modems actually worked.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
Good for you windeguy...
16 days isn't that bad from what I've heard. And If my memory serve me correctly it took me atleast couple of months and multiple visits to set up Multiplan in my house and properly working. I am putting my fingers crossed for not ever have to deal with Claro ever again.