Bars around the Hotel Napolitano

amale9999

Nov 12, 2012
I'm going back to the Hotel Napolitano on 11-22-12 for the weekend

I was there a couple of weeks ago and tried to orient myself

But I did not find a lot of bars right around there

I'm looking for bars that the locals might visit (As opposed to strip clubs or houses like the Doll house)

Also is there any such thing as an American Ex Pat bar?

When I travel to Costa Rica I find the Ex Pat guys know all the best info and I'd love to find the DR equivalent

Thanks

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
I'm going back to the Hotel Napolitano on 11-22-12 for the weekend

I was there a couple of weeks ago and tried to orient myself

But I did not find a lot of bars right around there

I'm looking for bars that the locals might visit (As opposed to strip clubs or houses like the Doll house)

Also is there any such thing as an American Ex Pat bar?

When I travel to Costa Rica I find the Ex Pat guys know all the best info and I'd love to find the DR equivalent

Thanks

If you stay in and near Hotel Napolitano you will only attract people thinking you want "company" for the night. Also it depends what you are looking for? Do you want to dance, drink, listen to music, talk to women?

Also what kind of clubs did you go while you where in CR?

If you are the real adventures type I would tell you to go across the bridge( it is everything you want and MORE)

BTW Costa Rica the "vibe" is different then Dominican Republic, most expats in DR have a Dominican husband or wife, not the case in Costa Rica most of the expats have "GIRLFREINDS" and alot of them.

amale9999

Nov 12, 2012
So I've looked at the map and apparently "Across the bridge" is Calero, Villa Duarte, La Tablita, Residencial Acuario and the like...
So where are the best bars over there? And what does "It is everything you want and MORE" mean?

And I agree that the vibe is much different from what I've seen, the girls appear to be much more local, not the wash of Columbian and Panamanian for one thing. And truthfully the ones I've met so far have just been outstanding. Much more like a real date than a "Meeting".

Ergo, part of the reason I'm going back 2 weeks after my last trip

boknows

Oct 15, 2012
I stopped in a new place called Coach's across from the hospital ruins in the colonial zone. It was just getting on thier feet and the guy who owned it lived in the DR for over ten years. He can help you out with some good food, sports and advice on where to go. The American named Jay and an Englishmen named Butch there helped me alot for few days I was there.

amale9999

Nov 12, 2012
I stopped in a new place called Coach's across from the hospital ruins in the colonial zone. It was just getting on thier feet and the guy who owned it lived in the DR for over ten years. He can help you out with some good food, sports and advice on where to go. The American named Jay and an Englishmen named Butch there helped me alot for few days I was there.

Outstanding!
Just what I wanted to hear
Thanks man

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
So I've looked at the map and apparently "Across the bridge" is Calero, Villa Duarte, La Tablita, Residencial Acuario and the like...
So where are the best bars over there? And what does "It is everything you want and MORE" mean?

I guess what JMB773 is referring to is Avenida Venezuela. Some of the hottest bars are in that avenue. Euphoria, Cool Bar, La Barrica, etc. Just beware, it gets real wild on weekend late nights. Not my kind of place, but if you're looking for all-out party, that would be the place to go.