Cost of painting a car

wayne

Dec 25, 2003
I'm looking to repaint a 2008 Suzuki Jimny. The car has a few small dents that need to be repaired as well and the quote is 30,000 pesos total. Does anyone know if this price is good or a bit high?

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
I'm looking to repaint a 2008 Suzuki Jimny. The car has a few small dents that need to be repaired as well and the quote is 30,000 pesos total. Does anyone know if this price is good or a bit high?

It's high for a local type shop and just about right for a professional US quality type shop.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
My experiences... w/ painting and buffing/polishing have been extremely good. I'm very happy.

I paid 8,000 for a rear end dent, repair and repaint.

30,000 doesn't sound that bad = $750US...... you won't shave much off that.
Can you see some of his work, to gauge the quality

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
5707780142_bea7a07b49.jpg
[/url] P1010037 by axlebeastly, on Flickr[/IMG]

I had this car painted by Greg's Garage in Sosua. A full bare metal job and painted with good quality Dupont metal flake pearlescent effect paint with tons of clear lacquer to give it that "mile deep shine"

Total cost 45,000 pesos. Okay, so it's a small car and no roof to paint. But for the price I'm happy with it.

I need to add that I supplied the car in kit form and he painted each panel off the car. I then rebuilt the car myself taking time to get the panel gaps right and replace all the rubber. Something that is very time consuming and needs a lot of patience. A skill somewhat lacking in these parts. But they can work wonders with a tin of filler and a paint gun!

Last edited:

wayne

Dec 25, 2003
Thanks for the replies. I know the price is good compared to Canada or the US, just not familiar with DR pricing. Any business in Sosua or Puerto Plata you can recommend that may be a better price and good quality?

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
My wife had her jepeeta painted and all the dents taken out for 15,000 pesos by some guy down the street who paints in front of his house. I have to say I was pretty impressed with the quality of the work.

oldschool

Oct 9, 2004
I would definitely stop by and see the guy on the back street next door behind Caribe Tours in Puerto Plata. I can never remember his name, but I know he does good work.

I think he's called "Arturo"

Your right that's Arturo's paint shop but he's expensive but does the best job in POP

wayne

Dec 25, 2003
Thanks. I'll go see what his pricing is like.
I would definitely stop by and see the guy on the back street next door behind Caribe Tours in Puerto Plata. I can never remember his name, but I know he does good work.

I think he's called "Arturo"