Santo Domingo Resorts

Redvelvet215

Sep 5, 2010
It's been a while since I been on here and things change. Well, let start with my question. I've been going to Bonao because I have an apartment there but, I have business in Santo Domingo and I will be here for days. I want to rent an all-inclsive resort. Usually when I am Santo Domingo I go to Coral Costa Caribe but, I want to go some where new. Now I have two options but, I do not have alot of time to decide and the decision is tough. I need only people that actually been to these two hotels to respond. I do not want suggestions from other hotels. The choices I have is Barcelo Cappalean and Be Live Garden. Which one is the best? I am talking about a resort that is very busy and have alot of entertainment and I will be able to interact with tourist and locals just like the caribe. So far I am looking toward the Cardens but Barcela seem to be very nice.

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I have been to both of the resorts that you mentioned. I would choose Barcelo Capella. Both of them are older and in need of updating compared to the newer resorts in Punta Cana. If you choose Capella ask for a room in the 4000 numbers. They are a bit newer. IMHO Juan Dolio is a much nicer town to go out in and meet locals at the many restaurants than Boca Chica is.
You don't say what dates you plan to go. The date would make a difference in how busy the resorts would be.
Don't expect too much and you won't be too disappointed. All of the A1 resorts are older in this area.

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I can't tell you how busy any of the resorts are for those dates. Maybe you could ask when you call for a reservation.
Capella does have a house band and entertainment shows plus a disco after the shows. On the weekends you should see more Dominicans than during the week. Many companies from Santo Domingo hold their employees Christmas parties at Capella during the month of December. That is always a lively time! Capella is known to have pretty Christmas decorations and beautiful grounds.
Good luck and enjoy wherever yo decide to go.