Chili's Santo Domingo

george1

Jan 2, 2011
A quick review of the new Chili's Restaurant in Bella Vista, Santo Domingo.
I must say upfront that I normally try to avoid any franchise restaurants, except Outback and Tony Romas, which are just always outstanding.
I never visited a Chili's before, but I am a big Chili fan and therefore thought, how bad could it be.....
The wait for a seat was three times as long as predicted by the Hostess. The waiter was sweat dripping and had a hard time concentrating to take the order. The food took a very long time to arrive, about 45 minutes. To get a beer from the waiter was a challenge. Do not even think about an extra napkin or condiments; Tabasco and Mayo arrived when we were almost done eating.
-The Chili I had was of no taste and had nothing to with Chili I had in Texas for example.
-The boneless Buffalo Wings were dry and the only taste was spicy.
-French Fries were acceptable.
-The Pizza was below the quality of frozen pizza.
-Eventhough the Burger was ordered medium well, it came rare and bloody in the center.
Meanwhile everyone seemed to be very upset as far as customers are concerned. People were yelling for their food....
Not a great experience at all!

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I went to Chili's in BlueMall a while ago to never come back. Basically bad service and mediocre food.

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
seems consistent with my experience with the now defunct Chilli's Santiago.

curlando

Bronze
Jul 23, 2003
Next time you go to Chili's try the Triple Dipper as a meal. My choices are the Southwestern Egg Rolls, the Big Mouth Bites and the wings over buffalo. They use to have a good New York strip steak but they took it off the menu.

vida

Mar 18, 2010
I wonder if the people who invest in the franchise ever visit the operation as a customer. I went with a friend to have a drink at the bar at chilis in Blue Mall. The bartender was putting away stock. Another employee was chatting with someone sitting at the bar. After 15 minutes nobody waited on us so we left. There were almost no customers in the place. They were not busy just bad training or no manager on duty. In the US, I always had a good experience.