Marco Rubio the creationist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
Sen. Marco Rubio is pandering to the GOP base, pretending he doesn't believe in science.

From GQ's December issue:

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I?m not sure we?ll ever be able to answer that. It?s one of the great mysteries.?

That's a good one, Marco; it's even memeworthy!!!

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
So basically he is saying he believes the earth was created, he doesn't say how, when or in how many days....certainly it makes a lot more sense to believe the earth spontaneously came into being.

[video=youtube;J0UIbd0eLxw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0UIbd0eLxw&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
So basically he is saying he believes the earth was created, he doesn't say how, when or in how many days....certainly it makes a lot more sense to believe the earth spontaneously came into being.

I am not sure exactly what you mean. I see Rubio as catering to the mindless religious by his statement instead of mentioning the science from the big bang until now.

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
Pretending to be stupid won't get him the GOP ticket. He's actually insulting his base.

LA Gov. Bobby Jindal has said, "We... don't need to be saying stupid things."

Sen. Rubio should heed Gov. Jindal's call.

jaiallen

Jul 9, 2010
Is there a point to that ? Bill Clinton received more of the African American vote than Barack Obama. Blacks don't vote Republican, and race has little to do with it.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Sen. Marco Rubio is pandering to the GOP base, pretending he doesn't believe in science.

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I?m not sure we?ll ever be able to answer that. It?s one of the great mysteries.?

Yeah, and it's so helpful that the liberal press can't come up with an intelligent question. That's all they can think of...stupid "gotcha" questions so they can make fun of the answer. Idiots.

porkman100

Gold
Apr 11, 2010
Is there a point to that ? Bill Clinton received more of the African American vote than Barack Obama. Blacks don't vote Republican, and race has little to do with it.

May be this is due to Republicans only representing the super rich.

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
All Rubio had to say: "Hey, I believe in science, and it says the Earth is 4.5 billions years old."

But noooooooooo!!! the Tea-bagger had to pander to ignorance.

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
Is there a point to that ? Bill Clinton received more of the African American vote than Barack Obama. Blacks don't vote Republican, and race has little to do with it......

I agree with you 100%, on the Republican point.....

BUT 0 VOTES? ARE YOU FUC-IN KIDDIN ME?

That's a little disturbing, I realize the landscape and demographics have changed, and these are different times.......

0 VOTES??????????

Don't be naive about Race........

I'm not bitter, Obama is my President, you only have one, no more negativity from me, the election is over......

I'm an Independent, my man lost, no probs..........

I'm moving forward, I wish my country, and President Obama THE BEST.........

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004

Wanna see the entire quoute, or is totally out of context good enough for you?

GQ: How old do you think the Earth is?
Marco Rubio: I'm not a scientist, man. I can tell you what recorded history says, I can tell you what the Bible says, but I think that's a dispute amongst theologians and I think it has nothing to do with the gross domestic product or economic growth of the United States. I think the age of the universe has zero to do with how our economy is going to grow. I'm not a scientist. I don't think I'm qualified to answer a question like that. At the end of the day, I think there are multiple theories out there on how the universe was created and I think this is a country where people should have the opportunity to teach them all. I think parents should be able to teach their kids what their faith says, what science says. Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries.

Kinda sounds different than the snippet you quoted, huh?

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Pretending to be stupid won't get him the GOP ticket. He's actually insulting his base.

LA Gov. Bobby Jindal has said, "We... don't need to be saying stupid things."

Sen. Rubio should heed Gov. Jindal's call.

Sorry compai to break it to you but Bobby Jindal is Roman Catholic and a staunch creationist. He has my vote. Go Bobby!

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Chip, please enlighten us, was the Earth created in 7 days literally?

How do I know?

Here are my observations:

1. According to modern science, time is not a constant and therefore is relative, therefore a day could be 24 hours or 24 billon years under the right conditions.

2. A "day" is considered to be the time the earth completes one revolution, given that God was working creating the universe before he even got to the Earth it should be fairly obvious that a "day" could be whatever God deemed it to be since at that point there was no "definition".

Last edited:

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
Wanna see the entire quoute, or is totally out of context good enough for you?

Kinda sounds different than the snippet you quoted, huh?

OK. I take it back. HE NEVER SAID "[W]HETHER THE EARTH WAS CREATED IN 7 DAYS, OR 7 ACTUAL ERAS... "

I made it up.

Jesus-co?o-Christ!

Status
Not open for further replies.