Short term housekeeper/care taker needed

Thedrswifee

Nov 20, 2012
Hello all,

I am looking for a short term (two weeks approx) house keeper/care taker who can come to my vacation rental and do basic house work such as cooking(all meals), cleaning, grocery shopping as needed and doing laundry for myself and two friends while we recover from cosmetic surgery. This person must be trustworthy and kind since we will not be in the best of shape. One of the girls I am traveling with does speak Spanish, so language is not an issue. We are flexible as to how much we are willing to pay. This person does not need to stay all day, they just need to be able to prepare all meals and do the dishes/laundry.

If anyone can point me in the right direction to finding someone who can preform these services, or knows someone who would be interested in a short term job such as this for some extra cash, please let me know. These services will be needed approx. March 1st-March 15th, 2013 in or around the Santo Domingo area.

Last edited:

cbmitch9

Bronze
Nov 3, 2010
Maybe it might be best to bring a trusted friend or family member to help you out instead of trying to solicit for an unknown person who is to be trusted? This might be more expensive in the short term but in the long run it might be worth it. Good luck.

Thedrswifee

Nov 20, 2012
Maybe it might be best to bring a trusted friend or family member to help you out instead of trying to solicit for an unknown person who is to be trusted? This might be more expensive in the short term but in the long run it might be worth it. Good luck.

Thank you for replying. Unfortunately we do not any have any friends or family members who can leave work for two weeks. We all would have preferred someone we know (because lets face it, leaving your country of origin to have surgery of any kind is scary enough! lol) but that just isn't an option at this point. :-(

expatsooner

Bronze
Aug 7, 2004
Thank you for replying. Unfortunately we do not any have any friends or family members who can leave work for two weeks. We all would have preferred someone we know (because lets face it, leaving your country of origin to have surgery of any kind is scary enough! lol) but that just isn't an option at this point. :-(

If you are interested send me a pm and I will give you the contact information of the lady that was our nanny in Santo Domingo for nine years. If we still lived there I am sure we would still be employing her. I trusted her with my children for nine years so I trust her enough to recommend her to you. A plus for you is she has had basic nursing training and is a very kind woman. Limited English but understands better than she can speak, depending on where in the area you are staying and the layout of your rental it might be easier to have her stay overnight.

I will contact her tonight to double check that she would be interested.