A Word to the wise: read the story of La Sophy and El Chulo in Diario Libre

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
A lot of first world people get all sentimental and cozy with the fact that they have domestic help. "She is so good to us" is a phrase often heard.

Well people, please go to DiarioLibre.com - Portada and then click on DL English a little later this morning and read about La Sophy and her lover El Chulo. This is a blood chilling story of a murder which happened last week.

You need to read this as a lesson on the mentality of some people. Here is a pre-publication paragraph:

At this signal, Lourdes comes out and gets in the car. Then the argument began. The men with La Sophy proposed that they had to beat up the old people and the other domestic, which Lourdes opposed. In the face of this situation, they left the house and took Lourdes. On the way the argument got more heated and it was then that the men that El Chulo had found supposedly shot and killed Lourdes. Later, they threw her body in the bushes near the Mirador de Norte Park in Villa Mella.

Let this be a word to the wise.

HB

george1

Jan 2, 2011
A lot of first world people get all sentimental and cozy with the fact that they have domestic help. "She is so good to us" is a phrase often heard.

Well people, please go to DiarioLibre.com - Portada and then click on DL English a little later this morning and read about La Sophy and her lover El Chulo. This is a blood chilling story of a murder which happened last week.

You need to read this as a lesson on the mentality of some people. Here is a pre-publication paragraph:

At this signal, Lourdes comes out and gets in the car. Then the argument began. The men with La Sophy proposed that they had to beat up the old people and the other domestic, which Lourdes opposed. In the face of this situation, they left the house and took Lourdes. On the way the argument got more heated and it was then that the men that El Chulo had found supposedly shot and killed Lourdes. Later, they threw her body in the bushes near the Mirador de Norte Park in Villa Mella.

Let this be a word to the wise.

HB

Well, very truly pointed out. Folks, especially foreigners have sometimes no idea at all what possibilities for major trouble and danger they are inviting into their own home.
For example, a couple of days ago a lesser intelligent member of this forum claimed proudly that he had three "Guys" put up Christmas tree lights for only US$30. He was so proud of his bargain while his blond kids were running around all over the place. All I could think of was that I hope the family will have the chance to experience Christmas with that tree at all....
At one point both of my vehicles were out of order and I was forced to take santo Domingo public transportation. Do it one day if you want to hear hateful talk from Guachies and Sirventas.....even spiteful talk towards the children they are supposed to watch. BTW, it was a Dominican Sirventa that just killed two little kids in NYC because she was asked to do some minor cleaning......
Also, four folks died in the above mentiomned incident in a horrible way for US$13,000......

cbmitch9

Bronze
Nov 3, 2010
A word to the wise indeed. Greed has no bounds. I read about this crime a couple of days ago and the first thing that came to my mind was that the domestic servant was involved and now my suspicions have been confirmed. May they all rest in peace. No one deserves this. As for the perpetrators of such a heinous crime, wishing that they rot in hell is not enough. They need to suffer on earth first and then they can rot in hell after. Hopefully justice will be served, hopefully.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
I hope this case can also serve as a warning to cleaning ladies everywhere, that they realize that foul play could turn against them and they could end up just like La Sophy.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Options for La Sophy

... and they could end up just like La Sophy.

We do not know what fate awaits La Sophy.
Some jail sentence, I guess.
Then there is the back door opened by money or she gets killed while in prison
(again money plays a role there).

donP

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
We do not know what fate awaits La Sophy.
Some jail sentence, I guess.
Then there is the back door opened by money or she gets killed while in prison
(again money plays a role there).

donP
I meant they could end up like Lourdes, but anyway, I don't think any money is going to help La Sophy get out. The Police will want to make an example of her.

May 12, 2005
Always be mindful of who you hire. Ask lots of questions. Get references if possible. And treat them respect but remember they are still employees and not family or confidants. Sometimes I think that carcel de cuarenta should be brought back for special cases like these heinous crimes.

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Always be mindful of who you hire. Ask lots of questions. Get references if possible. And treat them respect but remember they are still employees and not family or confidants. Sometimes I think that carcel de cuarenta should be brought back for special cases like these heinous crimes.

When I'm in town a lady my mom uses for domestic services comes by to clean and wash clothes. This lady has been working with one of my mom's cousins for 26 years and EVEN THEN I don't trust her fully. Too many horror stories about hired help so I totally agree with your statement.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Usually I do not generalize people, but:

Not sure but it appears more and more to me that in Dominican society there is over proportional mischief compared to other nationalities. Be it corruption, lying, taking advantage of somebody else, jealousity, cheating etc. more than I experienced it in other countries I was. There is a very friendly facade, but...

Or I am under this impression b/c I just pay more attention to what happens compared to when I still lived in my home country. Not sure what it is...

I am leading an international team of some 20 people at my job. People from all over the world, Ukraine, Portugal, Morocco, Tunisia, Germany, Spain, Brazil, Korea and the Philippines. We hired three Dominicans about a year ago, guess whom I had to fire for cheating after about 6 month? Right, ALL 3 Dominicans*... Everybody else is happy to have a job and performs flawlessly. Says a lot, doesn't it? Of course there won't be any more hiring Dominicans. Makes me sad....

*All 3 "Cristianos" (No bashing intended...)

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
This is just my observation and no way am I saying this is a fact, but in my experience. I have alot of nice things that I own and when I was in Colon, Panama a very poor city in Panama mainly the area you find all the black people of Panama. At times while I was in Colon, I would wear the cloths I wear back in the states. Air Jordans, diamond stud earring, expensive watch etc and the people of Colon NEVER looked at me with ENVY in their hearts. They looked at me with "happiness" like good for you, and these are very poor people.

Now for Dominicans I get the ENVIOUS eyes at the gate (when I am still in the USA from Dominicans). The one thing I hate about SDQ is how you exit the airport it is like you have a big target on your back just walking through that line of Dominicans. The problem with Dominicans in not "GREED" it is "ENVY" some of the looks I recieve in Santo Domingo could kill. They look at you like " why do you have that and I don't" and this mentality can be very dangerous. Many of you expat when NEVER be mistaken for a Dominican, but in my case it happens all the time and they will ROB a fellow Dominican alot quicker then a expat or tourist.

I almost never make new friends in Santo Domingo, because I do not know their background to allow them to be in my space and this is how so many people get into trouble in DR trusting people they do not know from "adam"

Lourdes was dead the momment she got involved with these non sense, what whould be the upside in keeping her alive? Many people do not know the "code of the streets" a person can go from being a partner to a liability all in the same day.

BTW Nobody is what they seem.

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
This is just my observation and no way am I saying this is a fact, but in my experience. I have alot of nice things that I own and when I was in Colon, Panama a very poor city in Panama mainly the area you find all the black people of Panama. At times while I was in Colon, I would wear the cloths I wear back in the states. Air Jordans, diamond stud earring, expensive watch etc and the people of Colon NEVER looked at me with ENVY in their hearts. They looked at me with "happiness" like good for you, and these are very poor people.

Now for Dominicans I get the ENVIOUS eyes at the gate (when I am still in the USA from Dominicans). The one thing I hate about SDQ is how you exit the airport it is like you have a big target on your back just walking through that line of Dominicans. The problem with Dominicans in not "GREED" it is "ENVY" some of the looks I recieve in Santo Domingo could kill. They look at you like " why do you have that and I don't" and this mentality can be very dangerous. Many of you expat when NEVER be mistaken for a Dominican, but in my case it happens all the time and they will ROB a fellow Dominican alot quicker then a expat or tourist.

I almost never make new friends in Santo Domingo, because I do not know their background to allow them to be in my space and this is how so many people get into trouble in DR trusting people they do not know from "adam"

Lourdes was dead the momment she got involved with these non sense, what whould be the upside in keeping her alive? Many people do not know the "code of the streets" a person can go from being a partner to a liability all in the same day.

BTW Nobody is what they seem...

Well at least you admit it........

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fRamB30E9mU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
Well at least you admit it........

<iframe height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fRamB30E9mU" frameBorder="0" width="420" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Damas y Caballeros!!! This is a perfect example of ENVY what I was referring to. Here is a man that can't even tell you the color of JMB773 eyes, how tall I am nothing, but I will give you this one R& B you are right, you are very clever.

You did not think I would let you off that easy? R&B Xmas will soon be upon us and that means all the children of the world and yourself get to ask Santa Claus for things that they will unlikely receive. R&B I want you to find a Santa and sit on his lap and make a wish, try your luck and have a dream. Look right in Santa eyes and ask him what you really want( not the "world peace and to end world hunger cliche) but something your heart yearns. Tell him you want to be half the man JMB773 is, and when you see the confusion on Santa face it is not that he has no idea what you are talking about, but the fact your are talking about a man that has more Charisma in one of his finger then you have in your whole blood line. Rice and Beans when you make that wish and Dec 26 arrive and you wake up the same old boring R&B remember its always next Xmas and when that magical, mystical day finally arrive for you( because I believe everyone dreams come true someday) remember you are only HALF THE MAN ;) but it is still a 95% improvement for you.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING BTW Tell Santa JMB773 said its Okay.

Last edited:
May 12, 2005
People please stay on topic. Nobody cares how ghetto fabulous JMB thinks he is. R&B my man just leave alone in his fantasies.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Thanks Tank...don't know why they want to get into it....must be a "size" thing...HAHAHA

HB

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
I meant they could end up like Lourdes, but anyway, I don't think any money is going to help La Sophy get out. The Police will want to make an example of her.

The police will make an example of her allright! I feel sorry for her,women do not fare well in jail.
She deserves everything that's coming to her.

Last edited by a moderator:

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Unknown Values of Civilization

"She is so good to us" is a phrase often heard.
... a lesson on the mentality of some people.

Well, the psychologist H?ctor Guerrero Heredia (I am sure he is Dominican) explains that it is quite "normal" when your friends or a confident kill you.
It is "ambition and the interest in money" which lets people do such crimes.
In this "awesome culture"?

I see.
This egghead has probably never heard of moral and ethics.... :tired:

z101digital - Personas 'de confianza' de v?ctimas han planeado asesinatos que consternan al pa?s

donP

paintedlbird7

Mar 8, 2012