things to do in santiago on a sunday

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
planning a trip with my turistas friends. what can we do? is centro leon open? what about monumento? other museums/attractions?

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I don't know if the Leon Museum is open on Sundays but I am pretty sure they are open Saturday if you were interested. Also, Sat. night at the Gran Teatro (across from the Monument) there are going to have apparently a classical music show put on by the Symphony Orchestra of Cibao.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
Sunday is my favorite day for the cock fights. Home in time to catch the football games.

curious29

Sep 20, 2012
Centro Leon is open + there is gospel concert in Ateneo Amantes de la luz, sunday 17:00 ;-)))

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Baseball schedule: www.lidom.com.do

There are cockfights all over. Not for the faint of heart or women for that matter.

Eat at the Pez Dorado, if you are dressed properly. Wear a light sweater or windbreaker. Enjoy the wine selection. and the atmosphere.

See about a day pass to the Centro Espa?ol and go swimming (and dining)

There is also Camp David with its views or el Cafeto on the road to Jamao (not to Santiago but part of the trip)

Play golf? At Las Aromas.

This is not a "happening town" ....

HB

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
it is this sunday only and it's three polish ladies. no no sports of any kind :)
centro leon and monumento sound great if my guests will go for sightseeing (i have been to both and really liked it) but they keep on having spa fantasies ;)
any nice but not overly expensive spas with massage, facials and good services?

personally i would like to do both, maybe, more history and less relaxation, but both...

thanks for any input and ideas.