Gas rates...........

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
So, what does it cost to fill your vehicle and does gas fluctuate much? Just curious:)

Are you asking the price for a tank of propane or gasoline?
How long is a piece of string, do you drive a Hummer, or a Rav4?

Premium
RD$ 234.30
arr_Dwn.gif

Regular
RD$ 217.00
arr_Dwn.gif

Diesel
RD$ 198.70
arr_Dwn.gif

Propane
RD$ 90.27
arr_Eq.gif

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
3,800 sedan
5,500 SUV (can't remember the last time I filled it up :cheeky:)

premium gasoline only..

Price might change weekly and it usually does. Up and down, but usually up...

mbgmike

Jan 17, 2012
i never worry about gas prices. i just pay. you can't do anything about it. price goes up faster then it drops.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Jeep G.C. 4.7 ltr. reg. gasoline. About RD. $4,000. to fill from 1/8th of a tank. We don't drive much so lasts about 2 weeks.
As mbgmike says.... "i never worry about gas prices. i just pay. you can't do anything about it. price goes up faster then it drops."

I just put in 100 gallons of diesel for my generator. RD $200. per gallon. (US. $5.00 pg)
Last time I filled that tank, 500 gallons, was around 2004. I looked it up and paid around U.S. $2.31 pg back then.
When I designing and getting ready to build, diesel was around U.S. $0.83 pg..... 1998.

Some might find this site interesting but only goes to 2008. Pump prices around the world.

Pump price for diesel fuel (US$ per liter) - Transportation - Infrastructure - World Development Indicators, Country Comparison, Nations Statistics

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
3,800 sedan
5,500 SUV (can't remember the last time I filled it up :cheeky:)

premium gasoline only..

Price might change weekly and it usually does. Up and down, but usually up...

The only times I have ever used premium gasoline is when there is no regular available.
I have never owned a vehicle that did not run well on regular gasoline.
Why premium?

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Well
1) it gives me higher mpg (both vehicles).
2) it is what both vehicle's maufacturers (BMW and Toyota) recommend. Parts are expensive, so I'm not willing to risk it.
3) both vehicles make funny intake valve sounds sometimes when regular fuel is used. I've been told this can be solved by tuning them to regular fuel (?). But given the previous two reasons, why bother?

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
I would bet premium is not really premium in the DR.

Well
1) it gives me higher mpg (both vehicles).
2) it is what both vehicle's maufacturers (BMW and Toyota) recommend. Parts are expensive, so I'm not willing to risk it.
3) both vehicles make funny intake valve sounds sometimes when regular fuel is used. I've been told this can be solved by tuning them to regular fuel (?). But given the previous two reasons, why bother?

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Jeep G.C. 4.7 ltr. reg. gasoline. About RD. $4,000. to fill from 1/8th of a tank. We don't drive much so lasts about 2 weeks.
As mbgmike says.... "i never worry about gas prices. i just pay. you can't do anything about it. price goes up faster then it drops."

I just put in 100 gallons of diesel for my generator. RD $200. per gallon. (US. $5.00 pg)
Last time I filled that tank, 500 gallons, was around 2004. I looked it up and paid around U.S. $2.31 pg back then.
When I designing and getting ready to build, diesel was around U.S. $0.83 pg..... 1998.

Some might find this site interesting but only goes to 2008. Pump prices around the world.

Pump price for diesel fuel (US$ per liter) - Transportation - Infrastructure - World Development Indicators, Country Comparison, Nations Statistics

So my generator on 8 or 9 year old diesel, with conditioner, ran great and I always watched the exhaust for the color of the start up fumes. Gray with a little black then almost clear. No problems and never could smell much if any exhaust fumes. I DO service it a lot.

NEW diesel fuel, with conditioner.... smells like .......... it really smells. Start up now is... THICK AND BLACK for a lot longer and even after see's hot... I see gray. And it stinks.