Internet Problems!

slb1

Jul 1, 2012
I am living on a ground floor apartment in the DR (punta cana) and am having serious problems getting internet service! I have used both claro and orange sticks and to get any signal I actually have to go outside to the parking lot to use them! Anyone have advice on how to get affordable internet that works without signing a contract??? PLEASE HELP!!

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
There are this things calles Cellular Signal Boosters, that are supposed to amplify the signal. I've never try them myself, but I know some people here have. Wait for them to chime...

slb1

Jul 1, 2012
Where do I get the antenna?

Any other suggestions on getting maybe wireless or dialup routed into the house without a contract?

THANKS

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
You could try the Tricom Wimax... Well, you have to sign a contract, but it is without penalty, so you can cancel it anytime. I canceled one of my 2 Tricom Wimax a while ago to replace with an Orange Flybox... wish I never did it, Orange changed into the biggest rubbish Internet available... Luckily 18 month contract with Orange is over, I will ditch it and get me a 2nd Tricom Wimax again.

When I canceled the Tricom they didn't try to send me somewhere else like it happened to others as I recall. I could cancel it here in Punta Cana without any problems.

IamZon

Sep 22, 2012
The best internet service I ever had was in Cali, Colombia - GO FIGURE?!?!?

The last time I was in the DR, it was hit and miss - bad connection / bad work environments. I hope, despite this thread, things are getting better.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I have no idea how good Viva is, but I believe they have a USB stick also. If the signal is good in your apt. it may be what you need. But before you do anything you need to have someone with a Viva cell come over to test the signal. Don't believe anything any of these companies tell you about reception, test for yourself first.